Awesome digging tool

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Not bad. I have only a few days into the hobby, and I am looking for a good digger. Seems to me that although this would be nice, it also seems a little big for my tastes. I have no doubt this will go through anything, but I am looking for something I can dig a small three sided plug with, so I do minimal damage. My goal is to get very good at pinpointing, and digging as small a place as I can, doing minimal damage.

I hope that eventually I can dig in a lawn, and show no trace that I have been there. Right now though I am far away from that goal!

If you get one let us know how you like it!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here you go, Stanjam. Call Terry at 918.832.8064 (was $29 last year)

Flip a 3" x 3" plug and dig down to 8" in that size hole.

Trans-Mississippi Electronics digger.

Though if I didn't already have one of these and a Lesche Digger I'd be all over the digger Brian linked to. Looks like a mean tool.

Attachments

• HPIM0173s.jpg
    HPIM0173s.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,838
  • HPIM0177s.jpg
    HPIM0177s.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,833
  • HPIM0180s.jpg
    HPIM0180s.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,836
  • HPIM0180s.jpg
    HPIM0180s.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,834
  • HPIM0177s.jpg
    HPIM0177s.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,833
  • HPIM0173s.jpg
    HPIM0173s.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,844

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Very neat tool there. I just ordered a lesche from Kellyco today, since my trowel isn't cutting it. It has a very hard time with roots, and I have had to abandon some good signals as a result (ugh). I may look into this one as well later on.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that guy has built himself one serious digging tool. Personally, it's way too big for my needs and don't even THINK about taking one of those on any school yards. :o I have a Japanese horticultural tool that looks everybit like a double-edged sheath knife with a curving blade that I leave in my car when I'm on the schoolyards. ( except during the summer ) Otherwise I'll use my cold-rolled steel trowel with the 12" handle for the schools during the school year. These 2 tools have been my diggers for the last 13 years, or more, since I bought them at Wayne's in OKC. One day, when I'm feeling ambitious, I'll take a photo of them. I haven't seen anything like them, since I bought 'em.

levis_dad

Jun 3, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
Here's the digger that I use. I made it out af a lawnmower blade. Its about 12" long (total length) and about 2.5" wide.

Attachments

• digger2.jpg
    digger2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,729
  • digger.jpg
    digger.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,757
  • digger.jpg
    digger.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,729
  • digger2.jpg
    digger2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,725

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
Does any of you have pictures of this Awesome digging tool?

Huntn FireH2o

Feb 24, 2008
Wichita KS. U.S.A
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Dude I am not turning my back on you guys. You going to shank someone in the shower . They look like they would make a garden gnome have nightmares. I got to get that one that trans missi tool it looks practical. They all look like the rock Thanks for the info GOD BLESS Huntn

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brian, is that Alabama Slims tool your talking about, if so I have one and it's awesome and I ordering another one. I'll try to post some pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread