Where can I buy snake proof gloves (so the little buggers dont bite me hand)

OP
OP
Roadquest

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where can I buy snake proof gloves (so the little buggers don't bite me hand)

mastereagle, Those would work good. I like the protection they give the arm.
I'm talking with the company now by email to see if they are snake proof.

Thanks for info. Roadquest

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Where can I buy snake proof gloves (so the little buggers don't bite me hand)

Sounds good , but how do you plan on testing them out? :icon_scratch: Please keep us up dated about the gloves .

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would hate to be the glove tester..lol

OP
OP
Roadquest

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

txkickergirl, Come on now, I need someone to test them for me.
Just kidding. I will just have to get what I think will work and go with it........Clayton

jayallday, I checked that site, That looks like the real thing, They are out of stock.
I'm going to ask if they can get a pair for me.
I bought a differant kind of glove from another site. $59.00 an found out they were
not telling me the truth about the gloves.
Thanks you for the site you sent me. ......Clayton...........Roaquest

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon

I would'nt be as worried about my hands-If my face is that close! If i'm reaching into brush I Always let the detector do the snake-shake.
Newt

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

anything that can pierce the skin is very hard to protect against. steel plating would be best, kind of like fish scales. most protection is resistant to bites, not bite proof.
all it takes is a scratch from a fang to be infected

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would'nt be as worried about my hands-If my face is that close! If i'm reaching into brush I Always let the detector do the snake-shake.
Newt
EXACTLY! If you're close enough for a rattler to strike your hand, I'd be more worried about the face & neck! A piece of 1/2" pvc pipe with a tee on the end and 2" stubs in it will let you stir up the brush & won't affect your loop. YOUR EYES ARE YOUR BEST TOOLS! And ears are a close second.

S

stefen

First rule...don't put your hand into holes or under rocks that you can't see into...

If a snake can bite your hand, it can bite you anywhere on your body.

The majority of people snake bitten are men from ages 16 to 25, and usually alcohol is involved.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The majority of people snake bitten are men from ages 16 to 25, and usually alcohol is involved.

You forgot to include idiots proving Darwins theory.Then again that could be included in the above:laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First rule...don't put your hand into holes or under rocks that you can't see into...

If a snake can bite your hand, it can bite you anywhere on your body.

So I guess that means I'm way too old to get bitten, guess all I have to do now is to save a sip or two to pour over the wound. OK! good to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread