Kentucky HB 114

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
In all the flurry of posts about a few individual cities within Kentucky, not much is being said about this statewide bill there:

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/09RS/HB114.htm

Mark S brought it up within a post several weeks back on the Kentucky specific-forum, but I believe it needs a post specifically for this. So I'm bringing up the link again to post here. This link is just for the short summary. To get the whole text, click on the "HB114" on the left margin near the top. While most of it deals with burials and bones, they do lump "artifacts" into it. Notice their definition of "archaeological site" can be just anywhere that artifacts can be found. Ie.: "farms, ruins, etc...." And "artifacts" are anything 100 yrs. old or more.

This bill has come up and been defeated several times already, but it's up again for a vote. Anyone know the date it's up for a vote?

I suppose if this passes, just have some cruddy memorials ready to show them. I mean, can they really a patrol all the private farms, orchards, mountains, yards, etc....? And do they really watch you dig each target to see if it's 100 yrs. or more old? (your math never was too good, eh? ::))

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread