OREGON: House bill introduced that ultimately effects land use rules.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By KarenD
  • 2 Post By KarenD
  • 1 Post By cudamark

Thread: OREGON: House bill introduced that ultimately effects land use rules.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2013
    Oregon
    145 times
    Prospecting

OREGON: House bill introduced that ultimately effects land use rules.

If you live in Oregon, please be aware of the committee meeting on the schedule for this coming Monday: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...5-15-00/Agenda

Take action by telling the members of the House Rules Committee what you think of this bill that fosters voter ignorance and veils the candidates.

As it stands right now, Oregon's county commissioners file by party, and I think we all know which party, generally speaking, wants to keep us locked out of publicly-owned lands.

If passed, this law would make commissioners non-partisan and thus not allow us to get a basic idea of candidates' ideologies. Are they for small government/big freedom or big government/little freedom? Of course, looking at where their money comes from and who their friends are is a great way to discern this, and it should be done, but out there in low-information voter land, it is very helpful to know the basic info regarding party affiliation.
    Last edited by KarenD; Feb 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”

― Margaret Thatcher

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10058 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Karen D, I don't see anything about metal detecting, or restrictions to being on public land there, in your link. Perhaps you have the wrong link ?

us
    Feb 2013
    Oregon
    145 times
    Prospecting
    You won't find the words "mining" or "dredging" in this. This would *indirectly* impact mining in Oregon, by county, via planning. No, I don't have the wrong link.
    Here is a link to Josephine Co. Commissioner's meeting agenda and you'll see that there is a connection: http://www.co.josephine.or.us/Calend...T&EventID=3559

We don't want any progressive, Agenda 21, radical environmentalists getting into offices which allow them to determine land use, and quite frankly, I don't want them anywhere.
    dieselram94 likes this.

“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”

― Margaret Thatcher

us
    Feb 2013
    Central Florida
    AT Pro/Pro Pointer
    60 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenD View Post
    You won't find the words "mining" or "dredging" in this. This would *indirectly* impact mining in Oregon, by county, via planning. No, I don't have the wrong link.
    Here is a link to Josephine Co. Commissioner's meeting agenda and you'll see that there is a connection: Josephine County Online - Calendar

We don't want any progressive, Agenda 21, radical environmentalists getting into offices which allow them to determine land use, and quite frankly, I don't want them anywhere.
    If you don't like this stuff, then go to Russia...wait a minute, this sounds like Russia, my bad!
    “Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” Mark Twain

us
    Feb 2013
    Oregon
    145 times
    Prospecting
    Heh.
    My point is that it is easier just to not plant the noxious weed than to keep sipping off unwanted branches.

― Margaret Thatcher

us
    Hey! I found a .........

Jul 2006
    TEXAS
    937 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here is a link to Josephine Co. Commissioner's meeting agenda and you'll see that there is a connection: Josephine County Online - Calendar

KarenD - I like your style. The "change" is happening very insidiously. One of these days in the not too distant future America will be a different place.
    Merchants of Despair: Radical Environmentalists, Criminal Pseudo-Scientists, and the Fatal Cult of Antihumanism (New Atlantis Books): Robert Zubrin: 9781594034763: Amazon.com: Books
    Metal detecting: Getting up at the break of dawn to experience the thrill of the unknown.

us
    Feb 2013
    Oregon
    145 times
    Prospecting
    Exactly. Looks like a riveting read.

All govt-sponsored roads lead to servitude and depopulation.
    dieselram94 and Fullpan like this.

― Margaret Thatcher

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    If you live in Oregon, please be aware of the committee meeting on the schedule for this coming Monday: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...5-15-00/Agenda

Take action by telling the members of the House Rules Committee what you think of this bill that fosters voter ignorance and veils the candidates.

As it stands right now, Oregon's county commissioners file by party, and I think we all know which party, generally speaking, wants to keep us locked out of publicly-owned lands.

If passed, this law would make commissioners non-partisan and thus not allow us to get a basic idea of candidates' ideologies. Are they for small government/big freedom or big government/little freedom? Of course, looking at where their money comes from and who their friends are is a great way to discern this, and it should be done, but out there in low-information voter land, it is very helpful to know the basic info regarding party affiliation.
    WOW - never seen so much scary stuff on one page. And no time to react.

us
    Feb 2013
    Oregon
    145 times
    Prospecting
    The scariest stuff is HB3200, by far.

― Margaret Thatcher

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    This liberal trash needs to be stopped......Lets hope people wake up!
    While I do not live in Oregon I used to (Rogue River) I love Oregon especially the prospecting. I would love to at least make a vacation out of a prospecting trip back there some day.....this is very disturbing.
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7324 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Good luck Oregon! This idea that the Government knows better how to spend our money and run our lives is a cancer that needs to be excised from our lives or we will end up like all the 3rd world hell holes that our ancestors risked their lives to escape.
    Fullpan likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links