Any MDing Regulations on Galveston TX beaches?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None if you come here Mate, and I will join you.:laughing7: :thumbsup:

SS

texasfred

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2014
League City TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to know too! This is only 40+min from my house. When are you thinking of going? Let me know if you would like some company as I dig to hang out with a seasoned MDer. I watched a few videos on youtube where the guy was MD at Stuarts beach.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The State Parks are off limits.

Sec. 13.101-13.112, Texas Parks and Wildlife Code).
59.134 Rules of Conduct:
(i) Metal detector. It is an offense for any person to operate or use a metal detector, except as authorized by permit.

Most of the smaller city parks are off limits. Tyler, Beaumont and Gibbons have laws prohibiting metal detecting. Harris County Parks specifically prohibit the use or possession of a metal detector.

Texas State lands require a paid permit to explore. Not sure how that affects MDing.

All federal lands are off limits except some BLM land and the Army COE beach at Benbrook lake.

Private lands require written permission.

Other than that I'd keep an eye out to see how the locals deal with each area. Local custom goes a long way towards justifying visitor activities.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Central Park neighborhood on National Register, but haven't heard about any other problems. The Spring breakers I think hang out at East Beach as the sign says the coolest beach, drinking is legal! Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread