So really what would you all do??????

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd show my father, mother and siblings who are all great people, go out and have a gluttonous celebratory dinner, and discreetly sell off what I didn't want/need as pieces from an "inherited collection passed down from my grandfather".

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So lets just say I was out in the snow all day and found a Cache of say 73 gold coins mostly $5 2 $20.00's and 5 $10.00and about 350.00 in silver dollars buried in 3 glass jars. Lets also say hypothetically I bust my hands up froze my donkey off today but God was with me.

What should I do next, really what would you do in this hypothetical situation????

I know what I would do.
If you find yourself in such a scenario and really don't know I'm across the water and can show you some ideas for a small hypothetical cut..
Really depends on you, your ethics, where they were located, under what terms on who's land, legal laws regarding perhaps treasure or antiquities or lost, found or stolen property in your state and more....If you want to keep them, give them away, look for an owner or relative. Witnesses to your find, who you have told and on and on.

kristof.wanderer

Mar 23, 2014
Nacogdoches Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hypothetically of course, most of the times I ask for permission to hunt private property, 9 out of 10 times I hear "if you find a fortune, we split it okay?". With this in mind I would feel obligated to split the cache with the property owner. Just my humble hypothetical 2 cents.

@ the email

I'm appalled at the number of people that fall for this! As a Criminal Investigator, I see this scam a lot...I have over $1.5 million sent and lost by folks that fell for it and later filed a police report!! No contries in África assist the US apprehend or extradite the offenders...it just a very expensive mistake/lesson!

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what happened to your hypothetical cache?

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it would depend on more factors to me, I am still looking for the cache that people had before the FDIC was in effect. I know some gotta still exist

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what happened to your hypothetical cache?

I hypothetically get up in the morning open my hypo safe look at it for about 20 minutes and smile a whole lot more now. Hypothetically of course!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you've been able to hypothesize about this for over a week now. What is this hypothetical cache worth, hypothetically?

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you've been able to hypothesize about this for over a week now. What is this hypothetical cache worth, hypothetically?

Well I would say near 40K just in metal, Nusmatically, not sure I would need to take this all to a hypothetical coin collector that could keep his/her trap shut! one a month at this pace I will be dead before I could collect on all of them say 3 to 5 a month at 3/5 different collectors and I still would be dead!:laughing7:

Hypothetically of course!!!!!!!!!!

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff- you've been approved for that monster deposit, just give them your ban account information and your all set!! Way to go pal! ......

i get these all the time, how stupid do they think people are? Unfortunately there are some that would actually respond with their bank account#

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, hypothetically the buyer has to report all large PM sales to the fed, if you are selling to a coin shop any way.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hypothetically get up in the morning open my hypo safe look at it for about 20 minutes and smile a whole lot more now. Hypothetically of course!

Hypothetically that is awesome. And a hypothetical congratulations is in order
[emoji6]

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I would say near 40K just in metal, Nusmatically, not sure I would need to take this all to a hypothetical coin collector that could keep his/her trap shut! one a month at this pace I will be dead before I could collect on all of them say 3 to 5 a month at 3/5 different collectors and I still would be dead!:laughing7:

Hypothetically of course!!!!!!!!!!

Well you could hypothetically research the values of the coins on the internet. Rarity, of certain hypothetical coins, approximate value.

I know coin values can vary wildly depending on condition but I would think you could get a hypothetical ball park number for most of them. Hypothetically, If I was going to sell them one or two at a time I'd be doing that already.

OP
OP
P

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you could hypothetically research the values of the coins on the internet. Rarity, of certain hypothetical coins, approximate value.

I know coin values can vary wildly depending on condition but I would think you could get a hypothetical ball park number for most of them. Hypothetically, If I was going to sell them one or two at a time I'd be doing that already.

I think I have hypothetically started that process

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff- you've been approved for that monster deposit, just give them your ban account information and your all set!! Way to go pal! ......

i get these all the time, how stupid do they think people are? Unfortunately there are some that would actually respond with their bank account#

Ten million in Zimbabwe dollars was equal to ten dollars of American money, but that was years ago.

There might be actually be an account with One Hundred Billion Dollars in one's name... of course it's probably worth just a few dollars of US Currency.

127427457317.jpg 127427457467.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions