Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure what you meen by this . "I wouldn't claim to be that,"
and i never said you where a lawer and i do not need leagle advise.
I assumed you where a cop.

let me translate for you. He's saying "why would I lie about being in law enforcement" - it's really that simple. HD, thanks for your service to your community!

HD Paulie

Sep 20, 2015
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab Etrac
Fisher CZ-6
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me translate for you. He's saying "why would I lie about being in law enforcement" - it's really that simple. HD, thanks for your service to your community!

Thank you sir!

Monkworks

Jan 20, 2015
Ont
Detector(s) used
BH, ATP, Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little shocked at this. I have been detecting in parks here in Canada and have been approached many times by police and always it’s the same exchange.
What are you doing?
I am metal detecting
Please make sure you fill your holes
Yes officer.
That’s it!

I have been discovered at schools, parks, lots… There has never been a threat or suggestion I was ever doing anything wrong.
Even recently, I was discovered on privet property. I was just got told to get out…
Not sure how you could get into trouble here in Canada, maybe I am just lucky. Hell one of my buddy’s was detecting a park and some nut told him he had to go or he would call the police. My buddy said go for it. The cops came and told the nut to mind his own &%$#. This is Southern Ontario. I detect with a cop regularly…

shrug...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A little shocked at this..... I have been discovered at schools, parks, lots… There has never been a threat or suggestion I was ever doing anything wrong. ... ..

That's because you're going about it all wrong. You need to follow these easy steps:

a) Go talk to the entity that administers that school, park, beach, etc... (ie.: city, county, state, etc...)

b) Ask AHEAD OF TIME (not waiting till approached in the field) : "Can I metal detect?"

c) Be sure to use words like "dig", and "remove" and "holes", and "treasure" and "indian bones". Lest they not understand the full implications of your question.

The post back and tell us if you continue to get the green-light and no-one-cares that you've experienced up till now.

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For now they have a Queen.

Canada is a Commonwealth Realm

I knew they had a "thing" for British royalty, I just never knew why, and didn't care enough to investigate... That's just strange....

So if the US just chilled out for another 104 years we would have a king or queen from a different country on our dollar bill, not George Washington?? Also strange that we have England as a
very close ally, considering all that happened back in the 1770's.

I learned something today.. Now I can go to bed.

Thank (your personal deity) that our fore fathers had the fore sight to get us away from Great Britain, otherwise I'd be sitting here right now enjoying a WARM beer. (Y'all don't have
a choice in Canada, its cold no matter what).

Interesting tid bit. Thanx Clay.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little shocked at this. I have been detecting in parks here in Canada and have been approached many times by police and always it’s the same exchange.
What are you doing?
I am metal detecting
Please make sure you fill your holes
Yes officer.
That’s it!

I have been discovered at schools, parks, lots… There has never been a threat or suggestion I was ever doing anything wrong.
Even recently, I was discovered on privet property. I was just got told to get out…
Not sure how you could get into trouble here in Canada, maybe I am just lucky. Hell one of my buddy’s was detecting a park and some nut told him he had to go or he would call the police. My buddy said go for it. The cops came and told the nut to mind his own &%$#. This is Southern Ontario. I detect with a cop regularly…

shrug...
On private property, I'd be more worried about the land owner's dog or gun than the police. Be sure to get permission next time. Might save you from serious injury.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
......Also strange that we have England as a very close ally, considering all that happened back in the 1770's.

Families often squabble. But let an outsider try to harm one of the family and they'll close ranks and stomp the crap out of them.
That's how I see the USA's relationship with the UK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread