Legalities of Texas

H

hipshot

i too am very interested in "texas treasure trove laws" .however there is precious little info on the web, that i have been able to find. anyone have an link that would help?

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My interest lay mainly with historic shipwrecks, and in that department Texas has some of the most restrictive rules and regulations of any coastal state in the US. However, that does not also mean that the rules on land necessarily follow suite.
As a former fellow Texan from Austin (now a Floridian), and since I visit the State quite often to pursue the never ending treasure hunt and visit old friends, I am glad to offer this link. http://www.thc.state.tx.us/rulesregs/rrstate.html
As for the pursuit to find treasure on other peoples property, I have only one recommendation. Ensure you have written permission to hunt on private property and if in search of real treasure, make sure that yours and his percentage is also in writing.

Happy Hunting

Q

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hi There: ;)
A GOOD Place to start your legal research would be to buy the book:
"Treasure Laws of the United States"
By
R.W. "Doc" Grim :-\
If you need more info, ::) or, have trouble finding a copy, leave a "post" here, on the "Forum" and I'll "Post" his address!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Frog66 & Hipshot:
;D Simply put! ;D
Texas IS! a "Finder's Keeper's" State! :o
That means, ;) if you find it :o ( YES! Even if its in my backyard) IT'S your's!
Unless, your "find" is on State Land!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread