Prospecting in Mexico?

Norbert77

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this moment I'm sitting on an all inclusive report's beach with a beer in my hand, looking at all the ild Mexican landscape i can see. The prospector in me wants to make a day trip into the hills, but I'd rather not get in trouble with the law over a few pans of dust. I think the part of me that knows I'm getting older is wanting one last adventure into the wild.

What would be the best way to prospect the wild west of mexico? Just me, my pickup and camper, hobby level. What branch of local goobernment would one apply to for a prospector license, a working visa, how does one stake claims? Is there a land registry to see if land is owned?

The cervezas are great.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
a bunch of threads on messing around in Mexico
the Federales are the least of the liabilities

"The cervezas are great."
right on

OP
OP
N

Norbert77

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a bunch of threads on messing around in Mexico
the Federales are the least of the liabilities

"The cervezas are great."
right on

I did a few searches, I was hoping maybe some new regulations came out that could spark a new discussion.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
"regulations" have nothing to do with what happens in the hinterland, that is all about who is your guide

watch those Coronas though (they named a virus after it)

Feb 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot Mexico, let’s go to the Amazon!
Shall we?

I believe Mexico would be far too dangerous considering the corruption. Even if you did get all the permits, once they see you walking out with treasure, I assure you that you’d die of an “accident”
I think a non Chalant “pleasure trip” to the Amazons would be far better.

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only bad thing about the amazon that I personally wouldn’t like is the snakes..I hate snakes. not that Mexico doesn’t have them but I think of desert more for Mexico..:dontknow::laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"regulations" have nothing to do with what happens in the hinterland, that is all about who is your guide

watch those Coronas though (they named a virus after it)

Hey, no Corona beer bashing! It's my favorite cervesa, and no virus was named after it! :icon_thumleft:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greenland - possible placer gold - unexplored - glaciers receding - No metal trash away from settlements - Danish beer - pack your warm stuff.

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But seriously - Greenland’s warming is exposing vast areas of rock that no one has explored, prospected or exploited - and it’s beautiful - in the summer!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Head on down. I'm in Trincheras, Sonora. Great mining and coin shooting. I can help whoever needs it. Been digging here going on 8 years.

OP
OP
N

Norbert77

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greenland - possible placer gold - unexplored - glaciers receding - No metal trash away from settlements - Danish beer - pack your warm stuff.

If I wasnt 20g in the hole, I'd hop on a plane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread