digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE JOB !!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video - Nice finds! :occasion14:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Bobby! Sounds like the "old homestead" is potential for many more finds.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Nice finds, Bobby! Sounds like the "old homestead" is potential for many more finds.

Definitely is! Can't wait til spring!

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone has a Youtube account, subscribe to me at AlterEgo316

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby - Watch a movie called October Skies - they use numbered tags like you found for checking in & out of the mines. So its hard to tell what it was used for in your area.

Cool finds - HH

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video,I enjoyed watching it,Thanks for taking the time to shate with all of us,I cant hunt here in VA right now,to much snow and frozen ground but i still enjoy seeing what others have been able to pull from the ground,Thanks Again!

HH John

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
webatch said:
Bobby - Watch a movie called October Skies - they use numbered tags like you found for checking in & out of the mines. So its hard to tell what it was used for in your area.

Cool finds - HH

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll have to give it a look

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LuckyThirteen08 said:
Nice Video,I enjoyed watching it,Thanks for taking the time to shate with all of us,I cant hunt here in VA right now,to much snow and frozen ground but i still enjoy seeing what others have been able to pull from the ground,Thanks Again!

HH John

It's not a problem man, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hate not being able to hunt at the moment. I hope once the season starts up again for you that you get mega finds!

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, but just because you found an old Indian head doesn't mean the house had to be built at that time, it could have been in circulation for fifty years or so. Im not trying to get you down on the site, but you have to take that in to consideration. Your site may be older than that, but from the finds you showed you might have been right with your first assumption. All the luck and HH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, but just because you found an old Indian head doesn't mean the house had to be built at that time, it could have been in circulation for fifty years or so. Im not trying to get you down on the site, but you have to take that in to consideration. Your site may be older than that, but from the finds you showed you might have been right with your first assumption. All the luck and HH.

I know what you mean, but the tokens have to date to the early 1900's and i found other junk items that probably date to that point in time too...i looked at a 1908 map that didn't have the house as a mark on it, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was built shortly after

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions