Colonial History Unearthed, Metal Detecting In A Cornfield, Kids Get Lost!

Dirtyhands001

Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has to be one of my favourite video's for so many reasons. Great song choices, fun times, amazing finds, fun editing, great friends Matt Thompson and Marc Jalbert! I found some surprising footage of the kids exploring the corn field.

Invited by Matt Thompson and Marc to metal detect a colonial corn field in Cornwall Ontario back in November. What a exciting hunt! From the moment we stepped foot on that field the button and coins were jumping out at us. Matt was using is XP Deus metal detector. Marc uses the Minelab CTX 3030. Eric had the Whites MXT Pro, while Jaz used the Garrett 200i. Matty had his Bounty Hunter Treasure and I used the Whites MX Sport. Matt and Marc are incredible host that always insures fun and treasures!

Eric finds a Wellinton Half Penny token, 1886 Canadian silver dime, a US Large Cent, and lot's of buttons!

Marc finds himself a Spread Eagle Half Penny Token and a US Capped Bust Dime.

No tokens for Laurie but she found a lot of buttons, crotal bell and a piece of a pewter pipe bowl.

The kids had a blast in the cornfield and decided to take the camera in to the corn stalks. I was left at the edge of my seat as I watched this footage

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and great family time together. What was the red pen like thing you were using to clean your coins?

OP
OP
Dirtyhands001

Dirtyhands001

Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a fibre brush, we found them on amazon but they do wear out quickly. They come in a pack of three, steel, brass and fibre bristles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread