Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
stildign could you post a clearer path to "npath"? I tried to find it but it says "the blog does not exist."

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
stilldign thanks for the explanation. What do the numbers along the trail mean? The 112m, 113m, etc.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didn't see anything strange about the "A" in CONYEADICE. I did look at a current map of Hemlock NY and there is a highway (20) that follows the same path as the trail. It is also called Big Tree Road and Main street. Its a big area to search and most of the land around there is private property.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It takes a keen eye to look at my avatar and will see where I live.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am familiar with the area. I was up there visiting friends about 10 years ago. I don't have any plans on going back but it is a fascinating story.

silverseated

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2011
upstate new york
Detector(s) used
minelab-e-trac....at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all !!!!! new member here,looking for any leads and stoies of upstate ny.................can anyone help????

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live on The Sullivan Trail and have hunted it for 35 years, if you look up( Lossings Field Book of the Revolution vol. 1) you can see that Sullivan left almost all of his cannons at Fort Sullivan in what is now Sayre PA. after the Battle of Newtown, and none of the cannons were taken very far.
So if that web site says they had cannons with them,that is dead wrong,tell me y they had Gold with them to fight, this is just a wild story about the gold.
Gary

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOVE READING THAT STUFF---IM IN BROOME/ CHENAGO COUNTY NY,ON THE SUSQUEHANNA RIVER--LOTS OF ANCIENT INDIAN SITES, DUTCH, FRENCH, TORIES ETC---- I RESEARCH EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON---CAN YOU SHARE ANY REF. BOOKS OR ANYTHING--------THANKS TOM

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GENERAL JOHN SULLIVAN, REV. WAR---FAMILY FROM IRELAND, HE WAS BORN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE 1740, DIED 1795---- HIM AND CLINTON TOOK ON A CAMPAIGNE TO DESTROY THE INDIANS AROUND 1778 IN UPSTATE NY---------MANY OF THE INDIANS HAD SIDED WITH THE BRITS AND TORIES

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Digging440
There is a story about a hollow mountain in Pa. right across the N.Y. PA. border where they made cannons during the Rev. War with half made cannons and parts for cannons still there.
But i find that hard to believe.
20 years ago i met a guy on the road 1 mile from my house he was a Cornell Profeccer looking for an old French Trading post he had reshearched i have looked for it too and found nothing yet.
I was driving on the Sullivan Trail off RT 17 East of Elmira by the town of Chemung i thought it was a road.. when a guy pulled up behind me and blocked my way...he said i was on private property i told him a ment no harm....so we talked and he told me on his propety there was an old French Trading post and told me a story about a French cannon capped off full on gold...he died soon after meeting him...i don`t know where he got the story from.
With the Seneca Indians here they were a fierce tribe that ruled this area, and the french feared them .
Gary

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.A.P.---LETS FIND IT !! THE GOLD PART HAS ME STUMPED, I KNOW THE SENECA, MOHOWK AND IROQOUI WORE SILVER, I HAVE 18th CENTURY DRAWINGS OF THAT, ESPECIALY JOSEPH BRANT---BUT THE GOLD PART--I DONT KNOW----40 YRS AFTER THE SULIVAN CLINTON CAMPAIGN JOSEPH SMITH [ founder of the mormans ] SUPOSEDLY HAD A CHEST FULL OF GOLD, CLOSE TO SAME AREA--- IVE BEEN FOLLOWING THEIR FOOTPRINTS FOR YEARS--STILL FIND SOME COOL STUFF---DEC 15th i got a 1807 large cent on this path----best of luck

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bet there was some silver in that baggage ~~:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread