Skeleton Canyon Treasure

D

don Lupe

don Lupe here; Target area is close by. I'm in Douglas AZ..Few years ago was in side canyon I belive to be the spot..Water fall in season, spring, trees and rock filled, canyon blocked by Big boulder from entering but easy entry from top.. Problem Ranch has access blocked to National Forest boundry. 4mile hike going around alternate entry..heavy climb,, physical stamina a must...

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Don Lupe:
You might want to check!
There is a Federal LAW that forbides closing any exsisting roads that lead to Nat. Forest/Parks !
Even if they did or do cross private land!
Some States have the same law!
Last time that I was over there, the road ran thru ranch to the creek where
there was a gate that you went thru!
But!
I'd sure! check on this closing of the road!
ASK! at the U.S. Forest Service Office & The AZ. State DOT, to see if it is legal!
I have had Ranchers close roads that I traveled on!
I bought land ownership maps and found just about all of these locks and chains to be illegal!
;D "I had a great collections of chains and padlocks!" ::)

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a tough row to hoe. Let us know what happens. I wish you tons of luck!

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
D

don Lupe

Yeah cptbil..Good for you..I carry cutters for emergencies like when I'm in 20 miles and come to a locked gate-locked in!! "Buggers-all" I did go to USF, they were kind but didn't help in this case..but you're right. Excess to National Forest is manditory...yet I was/am messed up..Nearby Paramore Crater is blocked by Ranchers, should be a National Momument also..But Arizona State land regulations are rigid..Camping 7 days in One Year!! No metal/detecting??? no nothing.. Gotta change this, folks..but big guys have had it all their way for a long time....state doesn't enforce but Ranchers do!!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey extractor, why bump a 4 year old post? This subject is dead!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread