North Carolina Site

Adventure Wolf

Mar 28, 2010
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discover
It's not gold or silver, but it could be gone if someone doesn't act soon.

I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. There was a battles some miles from my current location. It was the battle of Morrisville, where the Confederate Calvary and Federal Calvary fought a minor, overlooked battle. The battlefield lays on private land and is one of the most at risk battlefields in the United States. For the past several months, I have wanted to get permission to photograph the battlefield and use a metal detector to find artifacts before development destroys every trace of the battlefield for good.

The thing is that I have very little treasure hunting experience, and I'm to shy to ask people for permission. I think this could be rewarding, but I would really like to get a team of guys together (3 or 4). If anyone is interested in doing this, please let me know.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I will be stationed in Goldsboro in Nov. Maybe we could all meet up some time in the future.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Raleigh, too. I'm in NY right now but plan on being back in about a week.

laurahatt214

Dec 29, 2016
Orangeburg, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did this ever happen? Does anyone know of other public places to hunt for someone out of state?

Thank you for your time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread