Research: Armored truck coin spills

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Coin spills from armored cars happen frequently. The Internet is a fast way to locate a lot of these, maybe in your area, quickly.

Just spend 20 minutes searching, cutting, and pasting the results of a Google search for title words. Here are the results of the first nine I found.

Armored Car Spills $1M in Colorado
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/214949-armored-car-spills-1m-colorado.html

Prince George County, Bowie
Coin Spill Shuts Down Route 301, Lanes Now Clear
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/getthere/2009/09/coin_spill_shuts_down_route_30.html

Lutz, FL
Coins spilled after armored van crash
http://www.abcactionnews.com/conten...armored-van-crash/CM7bmt4-3UukN_aJZq4ckg.cspx

Madison, Wisconsin
Armored car spills 32,000 coins onto roads in long trip
http://www.gmanews.tv/story/54224

Detroit, MI
Another Armored Car Spill - Another Money Grab
http://garybaumgarten.blogspot.com/2009/06/another-armored-car-spill-another-money.html

Pasco Co., FL
Driver that hit armored car was drunk, FHP says
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/06/062123/armored-car-flips-money-dale-mabry/

I-95, Upper Chichester Township, PA
JUST FOLKS Armored car is cents-less after spill
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...mzIcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Un0EAAAAIBAJ&pg=4708,278542

Linden, New Jersey
Armored Truck Spill Paves Turnpike With Riches, in Small Change
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C00E7DB1F38F936A35753C1A9629C8B63

Whitehall (OH?)
$100,000 spills from armored car; passers-by pocket most of it so far
http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...s-from-armored-car.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
about the treasury truck carrying "nickles" to banks in south florida * coin spill spot (in the middle grassy area on I 95 near cocoa beach. florida ) --cops will arrest you if they see you metal detecting there * ---they say the coins are --US "govt" treasury money --be it coins or bills --its still "the treasurys" money --even after they "stopped" their clean up / recovery efforts -- they do not want you having it --peroid --its grubbermint money --(greedy grabby goverment - they will never recover it but they do not want the common folks to benefit from recovering them )

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Cocoa Beach spill probably not government property. Probably belonged to a bank. If so, the bank may authorize you to search and recover said coins. If spill from the government, a search/salvage agreement would still be possible, allowing someone legal access to the site in return for 10-20% of the recovered monies. Neither a bank nor the government are making money from lost money. Something to pursue further?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
it was a butt load of shiney new nickles * headed from the philly mint to south florida to be spread out to banks - (thus still "treasury" or "US govt" money ) lots and lots and lots of "nickles" --they did bring in a clean up crew and got most of them "cleaned up" but when they got to the end there was still coins left behind --but at a certain point it "cost" more than it recovers --and they quit --
but just try to pull off the side and detect that area -- busted!!! the cops WILL arrest you for "attempted theft of govt funds" even if you got no coins --if you got coins then its "theft of govt funds" -- the govt is just that way . -- it never gives the common man a break , or a chance to make a "untaxed" buck .

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
about the treasury truck carrying "nickles" to banks in south florida * coin spill spot (in the middle grassy area on I 95 near cocoa beach. florida ) --cops will arrest you if they see you metal detecting there * ---they say the coins are --US "govt" treasury money --be it coins or bills --its still "the treasurys" money --even after they "stopped" their clean up / recovery efforts -- they do not want you having it --peroid --its grubbermint money --(greedy grabby goverment - they will never recover it but they do not want the common folks to benefit from recovering them )

Sounds like archaeologists.........................

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sad but true -- i've had my share of dealing with state and fed "grubbermint" types --learned the "hard way" :'( ??? :P

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago in NYC Time Square to be exact a armored truck hit a fire engine responding to a call the money truck filled over spilling all its bills and coins in a matter of minutes thousands of people came out of nowhere grabbing money stuffing it in there cloths bags you name it and the cops where helpless because so many people in the street they couldn't respond ,that is the wrong place to lose money :laughing7: finally after about 25 minutes EMS got to the driver of the truck i think the news paper reported about 1/4 million was never recovered . Dd60

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Deepdiger60 said:
Years ago in NYC Time Square to be exact a armored truck hit a fire engine responding to a call the money truck filled over spilling all its bills and coins in a matter of minutes thousands of people came out of nowhere grabbing money stuffing it in there cloths bags you name it and the cops where helpless because so many people in the street they couldn't respond ,that is the wrong place to lose money :laughing7: finally after about 25 minutes EMS got to the driver of the truck i think the news paper reported about 1/4 million was never recovered . Dd60
I read about that. Proves money speaks louder than lives. Sad about the EMT unable to reach injured because of greed, though.

That multi-million cache of $100 bills found in one of Sadam's palaces that evaporated within a week after being found sounds suspiciously like the Knights of the Golden Circle are still operating ... in a different part of the world.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
Deepdiger60 said:
I read about that. Proves money speaks louder than lives. Sad about the EMT unable to reach injured because of greed, though.

That multi-million cache of $100 bills found in one of Sadam's palaces that evaporated within a week after being found sounds suspiciously like the Knights of the Golden Circle are still operating ... in a different part of the world.

I didn't know the KGC financed Black Ops & Black Bag projects :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
Deepdiger60 said:

it was hush hush, and was recovered and said takers where punished , and have a great veiw of a wall in ft leavenworth ks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions