montana forgotten ghost towns/camps & outlaw gangs locations

T

trapperjon

montana forgotten ghost towns/camps & outlaw gangs locations

Hell gate ronde/ ,located 1 1/2 miles nw of missoula on hwy 10,then 3 miles s. to the old hellgate store. six members of the henry plummer gang were rounded up here and hanged by vigilantes. remains are visible, i would look for buried stage coach loot.

Highland city, a ripper roaring gold camp, 11 miles sw of butte on hwy 10s, then 4miles s.on roosevelt dr.,at the foot of red mountain, look for basements among the tall sagebrush,a cemteray is here also.

Independence,turn so on big timber hwy 10, on mcleon st,fo 40 miles,this was a boom town, not sure if it is totality deserted, but 3 miles north is where 'contact" was ,a old stage station, and this is where i would hunt.

landusky, on a mountain side,another rip/roaring town,on the edge of ft belknap indian reservation, around 48 miles sw of harlem,hwy 2,. the august mine was here, outlaws, the curry brothers,had a ranch 5 miles south of landusky{this is where i would search}

Louiville, 16 miles northwest of superior,hwy 10,on cedar creek rd.,a worked out gold camp?,10,000.= crazys at one time,,however several other ghosts are nearby on cedar creek,forest city/mayville/and cedar creek/and more.{this is where i would search.}

hwy designations numbers do change,check with your local hwy dept.for updated imfo.

lobo9282

May 29, 2006
payson
Detector(s) used
gold master || soon mxt 300
Re: montana forgotten ghost towns/camps & outlaw gangs locations

i just moved to AZ from mt about three years ago i lived in a small town called Darby 2 hours south of Missoula my mom lives in Sula and my sister lives in Hamilton very rugged country and cold most of the year people are pretty stand offish but will help if you need it lots of outfitters and guides be carefull have fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread