CAN ANYONE READ THIS BLUFF PANEL?

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
PROSPECTORMIKEL said:
CAN YOU READ THIS BLUFF PANEL? THERE ARE SEVERAL S/S ON IT.
I HAVE THIS PIC AND OTHER INFO ON THE LOST TREASURE THREAD BUT I HAVE HAD LIMITED LUCK THERE AND I HOPE SOME NEW FOLKS MIGHT SEE IT HERE AND BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
PROSPECTORMIKEL
:read2:

:help:
Yes, I can read it rather clearly for what it suggests. It lays out the general footpath to the left, then either up or around, then stay left generally, also look along the base or near the base of this wall/ledge/bluff for general direction line. It details a slightly zig-zagging path for the easiest walking to where further signs will be clearly visible, maybe both large and small. Small detailed instructions are hidden in plain sight as you proceed. Don't miss them by being awe-struck with monumental signs. It is the layout for a short distance as well as possibly a generalization of the route of the larger scale of the path, up to maybe a few hundred yards, put probably closer, unless you count each vee as 500 varas/paces. I see nothing to indicate this distance on this panel, but such info. could be posted about 40 paces to your left as a set of knobs, holes, notches, or lobes accompanied by a pull sign. Look around for a heart shape.

Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THANKS, MIKEL!
PROSPECTORMIKEL said:
JAY,
I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THAT ROCK..... AND I NEVER SAW THEM BEFORE!
I KNOW THAT THE ONE NEAREST TO THE CENTER IS MOSS AND CRACKS, BUT THE ONE ON THE FAR LEFT IS FACING THE MINE OPENING AND I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO CHECK THAT OUT.
I HAVE ANOTHER THREAD ON THE SIGNS AND MARKERS FORUM, THAT IS TITLED
"TWO MORE SYMBOLS TO DETERMINE IF SPANISH, FRENCH, OR...." OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL FOLKS SCHOOL GRANTS FOR WOMEN MENTION AND TRY TO ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT FACE SIGNS,
BUT I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING THAT I THOUGHT WAS A FACE. YOU ARE THE FIRST TO SEE THIS AND YOU ARE NOT CRAZY. I TRIED TO GET BACK TO THE BLUFF A FEW WEEKS AGO TO
GET BETTER PICS, BUT COULDN'T GET TO IT DUE TO SEVERAL STORMS AND A COUPLE OF BAD
WINTERS. THE OLD PATHS WERE COVERED WITH DOWNED TREES AND NEW SAPLINGS.
I HAVE A FRIEND THAT TOOK ME ON THAT TRIP AND WANTS TO TRY AGAIN EARLY NEXT YEAR.

YOU HAVE PUSHED ME OVER THE EDGE WITH YOUR ENTRY. THAT BLUFF HAS BEEN HOLDING
UP WORK ON THE BOOK THAT I AM WRITING AND I NEED TO GO BACK.

THANKS FOR THE PUSH. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO TRAVEL AND DRAG MYSELF UP THE MOUNTAIN, BUT NOW I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE TRIP.

IF THIS PANS OUT, WOULD YOU LIKE AN HONERABLE MENTION ON THE "FIND"? I HAVE OTHERS WHO WILL BE GETTING MENTIONED FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION.

THANKS AGAIN, AND GOD BLESS.
:coffee2: :coffee2: :read2:

MIKEL

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MikeL,

I want one of your books if you get it done and i am still alive...lolol

Dennis

DennisB

Jun 13, 2006
Clinton Twp Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike!

Did you ever get your book....Treasure Hunters Field Notebook.....by Mike Pickett?

Dennis

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY DENNIS,

I'LL BE SURE TO ANNOUNCE THE BOOK BEING READY WHEN I GET DONE. I HAD HOPED TO
BE DONE WITH IT BY NOW, BUT THE BLUFF KEEPS CHALLANGING ME. I HOPE TO MAKE
AT LEAST ONE MORE TRY AT THE HILL. SAM SAID HE WOULD TAKE ME AGAIN AND TAKE HIS CHAINSAW TO CUT A PATH THRU THE DOWNED TREES AND UNDERBRUSH. GOD SEEMS TO
BE ON MY SIDE BY SENDING HIM INTO MY LIFE AT THIS TIME. WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO
MAKE THE TRIP THIS MONTH.... MAYBE IN FIRST OF FEB, HE IS A VERY BUSY MAN.

MIKE PICKETT ON THE OTHER HAND, STILL HAS MY MONEY AND MY BOOK. HE DOESN'T
ANSWER HIS PHONE AND HAS CHANGED HIS EMAIL ADDRESS OR BLOCKED ME SOMEHOW.
IT WILL BE A YEAR IN MARCH THAT HE HAS IGNORED ME. HE HAS DISTROYED HE OWN
CREDIBILITY WITH THIS STUNT. I CHECKED A RECENT COPY OF GOLD PROSPECTOR
A FEW WEEKS AGO, AND IT LOOKS LIKE HIS "THU" COLUMN HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH
SOMETHING NEW. MAYBE THEY DROPPED HIM OR HE HAS JUST STRUCK IT RICH AND
DOESN'T DO IT ANY MORE. EITHER WAY I'M DONE WITH HIM! I CAN'T PUT ANY FAITH
IN WHAT HE WRITES NOW.

ON A BETTER NOTE I HAVE FOUND SEVERAL PRINTED ARTICLES AND ONE "TREASURE
HUNTING STORY" THAT RELATE SILVER MINING IN THE AREA NEAR THE SITE.

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP. I GOTTA KEEP LOOKING UP ALSO (IN THANKS!) AS WELL.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND GOD BLESS.
:coffee2: :read2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two things..could the place be where the Spanish held their Sunday service(mass)? I have found a place that has some similar kinds of markings and I think it is a place where they prayed and had service..the miners had to do that on certain days with the priest that was withthe party..second contat
Steve Shaffer and get Steve's books he is in Utah, been to his house great guy who know more than anyone on Spanish trail signs I am serious he can help if anyone can...if its not Spanish and is French then I am not of any help. The Spanish were around the Grayson Resivor area back in the 1600s to mid 1700s, the French were suppose to have been there from early to mid 1700s. Steve's book will help you locate the rest of the trail markers if its spanish--who know maybe Swift was onto an old Spanish mine?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try spraying water on it to tone down the brightness thwn take another picture

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread