WWII ALEUTION ISLAND CACHE OF WATCHES

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was growing up my father told me that his friend Don had been in the Aleution islands during WWII and that for some reason the goverment in its infinite wisdom had sent thousands of wrist watches to the troops in the islands.When they had been tasked to leave my dads friend saId that they had burried the watches on the beach of one of the islands. I thought it curious and hadnt thought much of it for about 20 years when I ran accross my girlfriends Uncle also named Don who was assigned to troop transports in the Aleution Islands. When he told me that he was there I asked him if he ever heard of this story. He said he had heard that thousands of watches head been shipped to the islands but couldnt remember what had happened to them. He said it was some very large number of watches that seemed rather ridiculas to send so many to such a place. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this? If anyone has ever found these watches? If anyone knows what island and were on the beach they are burried?

ehanby

Aug 22, 2012
The Thumb
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cazisme

I actually wrote a paper about this campaign in college for my Historical Research and Writing Class. The cache would most likely be on Attu island. The Japanese originally invaded 2 islands. Kiska and Attu. The battle/campaign was fought on Attu. When the Americans went to take back Kiska they found that the Japanese had abandoned it. I still have the paper if you want to read it, I can send it to you via email. It has a map in it that shows the landing points where the Americans came ashore. I'm guessing the cache would most likely be at one of those points since that is where they had to unload everything.

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a story here in Oklahoma about a cave that has 4 boxes of guns and 3 boxes of watches and old coins from the civil war.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions