Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Kentucky Kache

Abbotts creek (NC)

It has been told since the end of the Civil War, about two Confederate soldiers that had stolen a shipment of Union Gold. As the story goes, they were being chased through what is now Davidson County, and realized that the gold was slowing them down too much and they were sure to be caught. When they got to Abbotts creek, they buried the gold in hopes that they could get away, planning to return later to retrieve it after they were safe. According to the legend, they were caught anyway, only they both died while being questioned without ever giving up the secret of where they had hidden the gold. Over the years, many have searched the banks of Abbotts creek but no one has ever been able to find the Gold bars that the soldiers buried. It could very well still be waiting there for the lucky soul that stumbles onto it's hiding place.

us
    Sep 2012
    Jamestown nc
    Garrett at gold
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Im only about 15 minutes from there and was interested,but looks like somone found it already.....Herald-Journal - Google News Archive Search

Jun 2012
    139 times
    You need to check out the author of your story before believing a treasure has been found?? I would not trust the source as he is a writer for the newspaper.

us
    Sep 2012
    Jamestown nc
    Garrett at gold
    13 times
    I was doubting it being found myself..think it would have been in alot more than oneI news paper if it were truly found!!

us
    May 2009
    42 times
    If they were caught & both died while being questioned without giving up the secret of where they hid the gold... where did the story come from their ghosts?
    Last edited by nickmarch; Nov 13, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Research is more important than detector but Positive Thinking & The Laws of Attraction Rule!
    Think Gold get Gold! Think canslaw get canslaw and other garbage!

us
    May 2009
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tridge800 View Post
    Im only about 15 minutes from there and was interested,but looks like somone found it already.....Herald-Journal - Google News Archive Search
    The second part of the article: Herald-Journal - Google News Archive Search
    Research is more important than detector but Positive Thinking & The Laws of Attraction Rule!
    Think Gold get Gold! Think canslaw get canslaw and other garbage!

us
    Sep 2012
    Jamestown nc
    Garrett at gold
    13 times
    Yea that's the one I saw..ran across this as I was looking at info on the creek that you pointed me to off of old highway 109 in davidson county.That is Abbots Creek..

Sponsors