Letort trading post possibly located ? Carlisle Pa.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,,, been out a while due to family stuff going on.
Not much time to hunt at all,,between work,,my parents,,taking care of the homestead and whatnot.
But anyway,,, to the topic.
I am pretty sure I have found the original location of the trading post established by James Letort around 1713 - 1719.
It took a lot of digging in old histories and stories to come up with a couple possible locations,, then coming down to just one.
I haven't had the time to actually do any detecting but soon as fall rolls around I will surely be there doing the best I can to prove this.
Also, I have permissions and am just going to bide time until the leaves are gone and the underbrush has thinned out. There is no sense going till then as it is really thick,,and muddy too.
So maybe when the time comes,,, it would be fun to share this with some of you here who may be interested in tracking this legendary spot down and proving it.
There could possible be some very nice stuff found too,,, but we all know how hunting goes,,,
Oh well,,Just thought I would drop by and relate my absence and this thing I have been working on.

HH to all
OH,,, I have all the messages about a new/used machine I am looking for,,, I will be in touch

Fred

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! I am sure you are chomping at the bit! Please keep us updated. Very interesting stuff.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred, good luck with the LeTort trading post site. I used to trout fish the LeTort Spring Run and know that area well. Should definitely be some great finds there. Good luck!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitndahed
August 07, 1958- October 07, 2017 :(

59, of Mt. Holly Springs, PA, passed away at his home on Saturday, October 7, 2017 surrounded by his loving family. He was born August 7, 1958 in Pittsburgh, PA

Fred W. Townsend

August 07, 1958- October 07, 2017
Fred W. Townsend, 59, of Mt. Holly Springs, PA, passed away at his home on Saturday, October 7, 2017 surrounded by his loving family. He was born August 7, 1958 in Pittsburgh, PA, to the late Frederick W. Townsend, who passed away September 30, 2017 and his mother, Joan Orris Townsend of Dickinson Twp. He was employed by Rite Aid as a computer operator and was a member of the South Mountain American Legion #674. Fred enjoyed fishing and riding his motorcycle.
In addition to his mother, he is survived by his companion, Cindy R. Hockley Fitting of Mt. Holly Springs; a son, Adam Townsend of WA; daughter, Hannah Jo Townsend of Mt. Holly Springs; grandson, Cedar Townsend of WA; step daughter, Erica Fitting of Carlisle; and brother, William (Bill) K. Townsend of Newville.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to see this. My condolences to Fred's family. Jeff, thanks for posting.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no. Damn. This is so sad. This poor family.....losing two so close together :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread