NEW YORK GHOST TOWNS LISTED HERE

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
fulton county----lotville=5 miles east of dolgeville------middle sprite=8 miles east of dolgeville------west galway=2 1/2 miles north of hagaman-------large amount of unidentified ruins located near indian castle church midway between fort plain and little falls dating to french/indian wars------ft plain, near village of ft plain built in 1776 covering 1/2 acre------freybush= 2 1/2 miles south of ft plain------rex= 3 miles north of salt springville-------currytown=2 1/2 miles northwest of rural grove----charleston=5 miles northwest of burtonsville--------scotchbush=2 1/2 miles south of minaville

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
above post-- listings from ft plain on to end are in montgomery county..i got carried away typing, sorry...........

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
hamilton county=====robinwood= on railroad 4 miles SW of sabattis------deerland=3 miles SW of long lake-------eagles nest=3 1/2 miles W of blue mountain lake--------antlers= 1 mile N of raquette lake-------rarnedsa=4 miles N of hoffmeister---------alvord=4 miles W of griffin------1880s a gold vein was found in vicinity of wells-------benson center=3 miles W of benson......

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
washington county------wright=4 miles NE of putnam station------cummings=2 miles S of ghost town wright---------gull bay=2 1/2 miles NW of putnam station------glen eyrie=3 1/2 miles SW of putnam station--------shelving rock=10 miles due west of whitehall------vaughns=2 1/2 miles E of pattens mills--------kingsbury=2 miles SW of ghost town vaughns-------hook=2 mile NE of north argyle------porter=3 mile SE of north hebron------bald mountain=2 1/2 mile due east of thompson------greenwich junction=2 1/2 mile due east of greenwich-------rexleigh=1/2 mile S of ghost town greenwich junction-------north easton=4 mile W of fly summit------easton=4 mile W of center cambridge---------south easton=2 miles W of south cambridge.........

Hounddog

Mar 23, 2005
Thanks so much for shareing the NY info. Just woundering what you might have around Genesee,Orleans,Livingston, or Wyoming areas? Any cache leads of this area for the outher thread would also be fun to look into.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
delaware county-------kortwright station=3 miles SE of meredith--------franklin depot=3 mile E of sidney center--------westbrook=1 1/2 mile E of merrickville--------tacoma=4 mile S of sydney center-------ivanhoe=3 mile ESE of masonville-------whitman=3 mile S of masonville--------loomis=2 mile N of cleaver--------ogdens=2 1/2 mile N of walton--------pineville= 3 mile W of walton------cannonsville= 5 mile NW of apex--------rock rift=3 1/2 mile NE of apex--------stockport= on state line 5 mile NW of lordville-------french woods= 4 mile NNE of lordville-----goulds=2 1/2 mile N of rock valley-------peabrook=2 1/2 mile W of rock valley-------methol= 3 miles S of horton--------will post more on this county later....................

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
rest of delaware county------------pepacton=4 mile E of downsville---------berrybrook=6 mile N of rockland--------shaverton=9 mile SSW of andes-------pleasant valley=5 mile SSW of andes--------union grove=2 1/2 mile E of ghost town shaverton----------relay=3 mile SE of south kortright-------bovina=3 mile E of bovina center--------cabinhill=3 1/2 mile W of andes--------bedell= on county line 2 1/2 mile SE of denver...............................

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Where are you finding all of this great info? That is awesome of you to be sharing all this with us. Thanx a million. Jason

E

eggilbert

THANKS gldhtnr,
This is great info and very generous of you and your time.
I'll be checking out some of these spots as soon as the
geese fly north again.
[email protected]

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
nearly all the leads i have posted here regarding new york have all come from the same book.........thomas p. terry's '' united states treasure atlas volume # 7 ''......all the leads and ghost towns i have listed were on maybe 2 whole pages,,,,meaning there are a whole lot more leads in this book........i have bought several ,, they are about 20.00 each,, and every one of the purchases was the best one i ever made...........

R

Rich

Ahh more ghost towns in the schenectady area are -
Van eppsVille "G.E. built over the orig land,but the Cemetray is still there,dates way back to the late 1700's....
,Rotterdam Springs,
Rynex Coners,
Vischer's Ferry,
Hoffman's ferry

thats a few........ ;D

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
here you go psgen=======franklin county---fort covington center,,4 mile SSE of fort covington=====omega, in extreme NE corner of county====chateaugay lake,,2 mile due S of brainardsville====bannerhouse,,1 mile SE of ghost town chateaugay lake======ayers,,5 mile NW of duane=====twin ponds,, 3 mile W of standish=====middle kilns,,4 1/2 mile W of standish======wolf pond,,6 mile W of standish=====plumadore,,5 mile N of loon lake====meacham lake,,6 mile S of duane======spring cove,,6 mile S of santa clara======leboeuf,,2 mile S of ghost town spring cove=====madawaska,,1 1/2 mile SE of leboeuf=======brandon,,7 1/2 mile NW of paul smiths=====bay pond,,7 1/2 mile W of paul smiths====goldsmith,,4 mile E of loon lake====forrestdale,,2 mile E of franklin=====derrick,,12 mile due W of lake clear====floodwood,,2 1/2 mile due S of derrick======kildare,,2 1/2 mile W of floodwood=====ampersand,, 1 1/2 mile SW of sarnac lake=====algonquin,,3 1/2 mile W of ray brook=====wawbeek,,6 mile E of tupper lake=======coreys,,8 mile E of tupper lake....................

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
clinton county---- frontier,, extreme NW corner of county=====clinton mills,, 2 mile E of churubusco=======brandy brook,, 2 mile N of ellenburg depot======alderbend,, 3 mile SSW of irona======sciota,,4 mile SSW of mooers=====ralph,, 2 mile SE of merrill=====lobdell,, 2 1/2 mile S of chazy lake=======russia,, 1 mile SE of lobdell=======salmon river,, 4 mile E of schuyler falls====union falls,, 2 mile W of hawkeye.......................

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
essex county----willsboro point,, 4 mile N of willsboro=====rockland,, 2 mile S of douglas====haselton,, 2 1/2 mile S of black brook=======undercliff,, 4 mile due N of lake placid====whiteface,, 2 1/2 mile N of lake placid======north elba,, 3 1/2 mile SSE of lake placid====flagg,, 3 mile SE of upper jay====hurricane,, 2 mile E of keene====hulls falls,, 2 1/2 mile S of keene====spanish gold mine located somewhere in saddleback mountain======reber,,4 mile SW of willsboro====boquet,,2 mile SW of essex=====craterclub,,2 mile S of essex====allens,, 1 mile S of westport=======howards,, 4 mile S of westport====stevenson,, 3 mile ENE of mineville====underwood,,7 1/2 mile W of witherbee====trudeau,,8 1/2 mile NNW of newcomb====old tahawus,, 6 mile E of newcomb====boreas river,, 11 mile N of minerva====alden lair,,6 mile N of minerva====eagle lake,, 4 mile N of ticonderoga====streetroad,, 2 mile N of ticonderoga===------FORTS----FORTS----ft. frederick ,, off west end of lake champlain bridge,,founded 1731-1759,,burned by french upon leaving..supposed to be coin and bullion hidden by them also that wasn't recovered in a 90 ft deep well there in the NW corner of the bastion=====ft. crown,, a/k/a--old lord jefferson amherst fort,,established by british a short distance inland from ft. frederick,,burnt to ground in 1773,,amherst suposedly buried a cache of gold and silver coins that wasn't recovered here also=====near ft frederick are several campsites used by both sides during rev. war,, relics have been found in the area====ft ticonderoga,, on lake champlin near the north end of lake george,, ft william on the south end of lake george,, from 1755--1777,, was occupied by both sides during this time,, 2000+ soldiers were killed here in 1 battle,, was burned to ground in 1777 before leaving,,supposedly also payroll hidden here also=====nearby, fort mount hope,, 1/2 mile East of ticonderoga built to protect la chute river,, it is restored today,, entire area surrounding ft yeilds many relics and artifacts.........................if you swing one in each hand you will be done in about 100 years..have fun

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gldhntr:

Thank you very much. I truly appreciate you time and effort. If ever I can respond in kind, just drop me a line. Thanks once again.

psgen

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
monroe county====otis,,3 mile NE of clarkson====garland,, 3 1/2 mile E of brockport====adams basin,, on erie canal, 4 1/2 mile E of brockport=======ogden,, 3 mile SW of spencerport====forest lawn,, 3 mile NE of irondequoit======fish ponds,, 1 mile W of mumford=====wheatland,, 2 mile ENE of mumford=======garbutt,,4 mile ENE of mumford===wadsworth,, 2 mile S of scottsville====scottsville station,, on railroad, 1 mile E of scottsville=====cedar swamp,, 1 mile S of henrietta==== rochester junction,, 2 1/2 mile S of henrietta=======gldhntr

rochestergirl

May 12, 2005
rochester new york
Hi I live in rochester ny monroe county.. would i be able to find anything in the corn hill district near the genesse river? I live in corn hill in the city of rochester? would you have any information on that? thanks lorraine..

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
saw someone looking for new york/pennsylvania cache info so here is a little old help......

M

mick1776

anything in erie or niagara county? any ghost towns treasure/ cache rumors??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread