Chasing My Tail

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Was looking through the leads on Timberwolfs website (thanks TW) and saw for the 1st time a lead for "Old Mcnally Ranch". Not sure if it was jewelry or ingots. Well this place is less then a mile from my house.My house is on the old ranch land and this treasure could potentially be in my yard. It was the residence of the mapmaker of Rand Mcnally fame.The house still stands there.My problem is as I look for info on the treasure lead I keep getting sent back to TW's web site as if it's the only lead on that cache.For a mapmaker he was really uninformative of his own property and surroundings.I'm heading over to the library to research the old fashioned way as this internet circle jerk is starting to get my goat.By the time I get back I expect some disinterested TNer from the other side of the Country will find info gallore with one hand well eating a soup sandwitch and not spill a drop on their white shirt.Gypsyheart darling is this info printed on the coaster under your cool drink? It seems so easy for some and so frustrating for others. I may not be smart but I can lift heavy things and operate manual backhoe for hours unending.Now if only I could scare or beat the info out of this 'puter.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Urban,

It is hard to tell which publication came up with that lead.
I suppose you have done the search on Lost Treasures website: http://www.losttreasure.com/archivesearch.cfm
If that didn't bring up anything, you may have to look at the other publications listed in the bibliography. It does look like it was jewelry though.
That is so cool that you live right there. I have a project that is about 2 miles from my house, so it does happen. Hope we both make a recovery ;D

TW

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Try searching Andrew McNally

Attachments

• mcnallyranchcard.jpg
    mcnallyranchcard.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 295

Timberwolf

Silver Member