mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as Mr. O is talking about treasures in Alaska, here is a newspaper article that will make a body drool! (you might have to open it and enlarge it, as the file size had to be shrunken down, it was too large.)

B

Tale of Golden Boulders 1.jpg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
What area of Alaska was this? I cant get the file to open large enough. :BangHead:

If you click on this:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=350944&d=1332410456

then you should see a view of the article clipping, which will probably still look too small - but if you click on it (the image) it should zoom in considerably. Alternatively, download the image and save it, then open it using your Paint program or a photo viewer, and use the enlarger in that program to read it. I hope this helps.

The exact area is not specified (naturally!) but was somewhere along the Tanana river.
Oroblanco

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
You are probably correct amigo Army of 1, though you could use some deductive logic to help narrow down the area by the dates given, what areas around the Tanana river drainage were being actively prospected in that time period, and the mention of the Hudsons Bay Co men being there (rather strange considering) could help.

Good luck and good hunting amigok, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread