jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • The San Francisco call. (San Francisco [Calif.]), 20 Dec. 1906.

000aaa.jpg

The San Francisco call. (San Francisco [Calif.]) 1895-1913, December 20, 1906, Page 7, Image 7 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hometown and I still live here!! I better get to looking!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i remember this story. The 1st time on a roller coaster was there and i was very young. Got scared and pooped my pants. To much info. :hello:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"stories of money buried ".... Yes. Ok, where did those "stories" come from ? Ohhh, but if I only had a dollar for every treasure-story where "someone told someone who told someone who..." type thing.

Not saying there's not some caches buried out there in the world. But just saying, look hard at clippings like this. And ask: What is the source ? After seeing Seeooo many that fall apart under scrutiny (more plausible explanations), then it makes the ones like this even less believable. When all they've done is thrown out there "it has been said such & such".

And not saying it's not cool to post and read them (so I'm not criticizing the posting). Just putting some "balanced comment" on to it :)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always assume that these are stories Jeff recalls from his youth

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"stories of money buried ".... Yes. Ok, where did those "stories" come from ? Ohhh, but if I only had a dollar for every treasure-story where "someone told someone who told someone who..." type thing.

Not saying there's not some caches buried out there in the world. But just saying, look hard at clippings like this. And ask: What is the source ? After seeing Seeooo many that fall apart under scrutiny (more plausible explanations), then it makes the ones like this even less believable. When all they've done is thrown out there "it has been said such & such".

And not saying it's not cool to post and read them (so I'm not criticizing the posting). Just putting some "balanced comment" on to it :)

Yes We all Know you like to Discourage Treasure Hunters
without supplying Proof it cannot Exist:(

Makes me surprised you ever found anything

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread