Researching the Treasure of Paradise

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
researcher only at this point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all, I am Combat K and I have only recently joined this remarkable website. I live in Little Rock, Arkansas and am 72 yrs old. A hippy in the old days and still one at heart today. And as with all good hippies, I have (perhaps to my life's detriment) been very fond of marijuana. And as with a lot of old geezers like me, I was a hippy dope dealer (from the mid 60's) until a few decades back. I wont tell anyone I am proud of my misspent youth but it was an adventure and that cant be disputed. We all read the treasure legends that circulate but how many think about the lost fortunes of the prisoners in our lockups? Well, there are lots of them my friends and in MY NEXT post I want to present the 'Treasure of Paradise' that I learned about while incarcerated for five years at Lompoc Federal Prison Camp (marijuana charges) where I was associated with a career pot guy I will now just refer to as LK. It was through LK I learned about one Jerry Stickland and his association with the CIA of the 1980's and the fortune he earned flying 'guns south, dope north' to the Contras (look all this up). It is a fantastic story and I think not known widely until now. It is the story of $175,000,000 in gold (of 1985) inflated to double that (half a billion or so) today. If still there, it is buried somewhere in Paradise Calif. Combat K:2barsgold:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! I canā€™t wait to hear your story! Welcome to Tnet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Combat :coffee2:

The story is a Little Too Recent for My Sources but ,
Sounds like you had/Have a Very Interesting Life :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
researcher only at this point
Primary Interest:
Other
I am off today to see ā€˜Made in Americaā€™ starring Tom Cruise. The subject of this story was a guy named Barry Seal whom in the early to mid 1980ā€™s worked for (variously) the Medellin Cartel, DEA, CIA and of course himself. He smuggled god awful big loads of coke from Columbia into the US and was often associated with Mena, Arkansas. They called him El Gordo and for his treachery (from their point of few) was murdered. His most famous connection to all of us however was his work for the CIA and what would become known as the Iran-Contra scandal. Itā€™s a long story but those who are old enough and interested in current events would certainly remember. I sure did and I believe sincerely Barry Seal was not the only contract agent flying ā€˜guns south, dope northā€™ for our notorious spooks. There was at least one more and his name was Jerry Strickland who lived in Paradise, Calif. Strickland was in the air in his two engine Aero Commander returning from Nicaragua, loaded to the gills with cocaine having just off loaded a ton of weapons when disaster struck. The Sandinistas had shot down the CIAā€™s C-123 (allegedly owned by Seal). Strickland however hadnā€™t heard but soon he and the world learned all and the jig was up.
But was it? That is what I am now attempting to discover because when I was sentenced to five years in 2008 for growing pot here in Arkansas and sent to Lompoc Fed. Prison Camp I met a guy we called ā€˜Lenchoā€™ a career marijuana smuggler, grower, adventurer. This is what he told me: he had met Strickland at the Mexico City airport (outer area) where he was getting his own plane serviced as Strickland was also. They became friends and this man eventually offered Lencho a job doing what he was doing, ā€˜guns south, dope north.ā€™ Strickland claimed he was making 2 million dollars a week in the time he had been at this, accumulated $175,000,000 in cash ā€˜but mostly goldā€™ and buried it on his ten acre spread along Clark Rd. in Paradise. Too my knowledge Jerry Strickland was never seen again and those in the know figureā€”well you know how touchy spooks are regarding ā€˜plausible deniability. ā€™I shouldnā€™t have to paint a picture here.
I hope to fly out to Calif. in January and begin my investigation. I have a general idea of where along Clark Rd. to look and plan on accumulating some addresses for research into previous owners. I may contact the CIA by mail as well just to see what they have to say. I may even offer the state of Calif. first dibs on the Treasure of Paradise because they would be in a position to scout the area by air with the latest ground scanning equipment etc. Who knows? I think the treasure was there once but canā€™t say for sure about now. Today, with gold doubling since then the horde could be around half a billion dollars. Thatā€™s what I hope to discover. This treasure story goes to the heart of those tumultuous times and may shed light on the crack epidemic as well and may indeed unearth a truly big ass haul of gold. Any suggestions on my quest is certainly appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread