Buried 40 or 50 slugs of Gold Nuggets............... Alameda County, California

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The first portion of George Patterson's house was built in 1857 by George, his two brothers and James Hawley. George called his estate "Ardenwood", after the forested area in England mentioned in Shakespeare's play, "As You Like It." There were two subsequent additions to the House.
In a taped interview with a man who remembers him, George Patterson is described as a quiet, nice man who would offer his neighbors rides in his horse-drawn carriage. His grandson, Donald Patterson, remembers that he didn't allow the children to speak unless spoken to after dinner in the living room. The land on which the ranch was situated was naturally marshy, and in the winter, when the ground was saturated, the children were sent up to the attic to bowl. Also, according to Donald, George Patterson once buried 40 or 50 slugs of gold in his backyard. Many members of the family have tried to locate this buried treasurer, but it had never been found
The Patterson family wants to create a unique plan for the last parcel of their 4,000-acre ranch, adjacent to Coyote Hills Regional Park and the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge

http://www.pattersonranch.net/about_patterson_ranch.html

Attachments

• patterson.gif
    patterson.gif
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,312
  • patter.jpg
    patter.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,060

Inform

Greenie
May 3, 2009
As a kid, I knew a family that worked for the state, and lived in this house. I have been through the entire thing, it is amazing. It is open for tours, but not all of it is. They found money stashed in the huge door frames inside the house. I have even been in the bowling alley. There is a large pool there as well. Some of the rooms have secret entrance/exits in them as well. Gee, I wish I had known about the money hidden, I spent alot of time there before it became a park!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread