Doll rock Formation Treasure

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hello fellow treasure hunters! I am presently researching the story of the Doll Rock Formation Treasure in Colorado. It is located in the southern part of Colorado. Near the Spanish peaks. Have any of you heard any stories about this subject? I am in the research stage of hunting. I love doing this stuff!! :) Please post any stories you might have heard. Thanks!!!!

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a lot published on that one in any treasure book. The barnes and Noble research center here has plenty on it. I do buy a book every now and then. lol I do a lot of hunting down there in the sangres. Tell that coffee shop they need to stay open past three on sundays. ;D Maybe we can get together sometime for coffee. You not chasing the cavern of the skulls.

OP
OP
dennisdunigan

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Well wild bill,
of coarse I am researching the cavern of skulls! :)
Doll rock seems to have a ring of truth to it. Been researching it lately.
Love to have coffee, we can chat on some treasure tales! :)

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is an earlier thread about this legend from GYPSY HEART:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...do/60804-doll-rock-gold-aguilar-colorado.html
BB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[h=2]The Doll Rock Gold......Aguilar,Colorado[/h] Aguilar was first named San Antonio Plaza and the Jules-Denver stage line made a stop just east of the houses. When incorporated in 1894, the town was renamed Aguilar, after Jose Ramon Aguilar who had served as a stae representative and county commissioner. The opening and closing of the area's coal mines, the Great Depression, the post World War II boom, and the exodus to the cities for jobs - all have contributed to the rise and fall of Aguilar's population, but never to its demise, earning it the name: "the town that refused to die."

The Apishapa Valley was first inhabited by ancient Native American tribes but was most recently Arapaho country. "Apishapa" is a Native word meaning "stinking water," for "the river that sometimes stands stagnant."

Tales of gold brought prospectors in the early 1800's. One group of Spaniards settled in the foothills and soon found a very rich gold mine. While they were mining, the group's leader fell in love with the local Arapaho chief's daughter. The chief approved and the Spaniard and Arapaho Princess married and had a daughter.

Later on, when they were carrying the gold back to Mexico, the Utes attacked the Spaniards. The Spaniards knew they had no chance of escape carrying that heavy gold so they buried it 300 feet from a large rock the Arapaho had named Muneca (the doll), since it resembled a 30-foot doll. In the battle that followed, only the Spaniard leader and two others escaped.

After ten years, the leader returned to the Apishapa Valley and learned that his daughter still lived but his wife had died. He did not reopen the mine. Years later, as he lay dying, he told his princess daughter of the treasure, estimated to be between one and two million dollars worth of gold. When the daughter grew old, she told her children of the gold that was buried near the Muneca at a place marked with a shovel. She forbade them to touch it until she had died.

After she died, the children searched for the gold and found the Muneca, but not the shovel. To this day, the Lost Arapaho Princess Treasure has not been found.

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting