• z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,602
  • zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,525

serpent

Feb 16, 2004
Hello, I hadnt been here for a long time but stumbled on this topic. You know I thought Jeff from PA meant Pennsylvania, you liv in Joliet? Anyhow the facts from that article are way off. I wonder if you could list the info on the origins of that article ( book, publish date Etc.. Etc...) . The modern version is plucked right out of that article though.. its almost verbatim for Terry's story and Marx's also. But Angelo Genna was ambushed in a car to car shooting at high speeds in 1925 (may). Mike "the devil" Genna died from a police bullett as he an two Genna gunmen went shooting for the Northside killers of Angelo. Of course history tells us that the Sicillians- Scalise and Anselmi were supposed to assassinate Mike Genna for the Capone gang on this day... as fate would have it the police got the first chance. The next was Tony Genna who had been in hiding. He was lured out with the promise of information, but without the backing of his bloodthirsty brothers who had been killed, Tony the "gentleman" was easy pickens, they shot him in the back several times in front of a Genna owned grocery store. the guy who buried the treasure was James genna, I had read this years ago, but he ended up spending time in an Italian prison and then returning to Chicago in 1929-31? and then dying in bed of heart disease. Is there a Genna treasure out there? I believe there is. But it is certainly larger than story suggests.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PA does mean Pennsylvania. & I live in "Joliett" not Joliet ;D
I just gave this clipping as is to the Indiana people
hopeing someone whould like to try researching it.

These articles come from Newspaper's & a Book I couldn't Identify.
But probably from the late 50's to 60's. it was Desintigrating from age
or paper type used. (High Acid Content ?) and apparently written by
someone wh didn't have an editor to proof read before publishing.

Source is given on the ones I did know the source.

serpent

Feb 16, 2004
I stand corrected. I had done a good bit of researching on this topic years ago, theres not two much on the Genna's in print other than a chapter here and there. The paragraph that I read out of an old book I couldnt even name said that Jim Genna returned from Italy and then died outside of Chicago about the time of Capones tax conviction. That is why I believe the money is still there, he would have been to sick to make a move for it in the short time that he had left upon re-entering the country, not to mention the looking over your shoulder. the facts seem to lend support to the story.

wrestler23

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where Genna treasure is buried. I need to rent DRS groundpro to locate it. Anybody got ideas on where to rent let me know.

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very interesting, that's getting pretty close to home for me. about 15 miles wnw

wrestler23

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i talked with the producer of expedition unknown. If I can identify the provenance of the article, they would be interested in coming out to look for the treasure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ajgilley

Jan 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually live in Bremen and just hearing about this! Does anyone know of a time frame in which the money was buried? I haven’t read anything on this. Roads have changed over the years.

Ajgilley

Jan 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a decent one and live in Bremen...would love to help out for the thrill of the hunt

stingray10150

Dec 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim genna

I know where Genna treasure is buried. I need to rent DRS groundpro to locate it. Anybody got ideas on where to rent let me know.
ok sounds pretty good pm me. I am a couple miles from there and know the area. i could get there in minutes.

BugOutBob

Jan 20, 2018
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of you close and super charismatic that would want to team up and get a permission? I have a theory where this would be located and I imagine we'd have to get lucky and pick up the clasps on the briefcase, but it might be fun. There is even a rock pile there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread