Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2010

Confederate Gold in Missouri

OKay so has anyone heard the legend of gold in Neosho Missouri. It is said that when UNion soldiers overran the town it forced several confederate soldiers to retreatinto a cave with some large sum of confederate gold. The Union then blew the entrance to the cave trapping the soldiers inside with the gold. It is said that the gold is still in the caves of Neosho somewhere along with the bodies of the soldiers. My friend and I have been searching for about 3 month for this and have recieved much grief from our fellow unbelieving friends, but we are determined to find it. We have searched suggested caves and are now trying to broaden our search.if you have ever heard of this legend or ever researched this legend please contact me at stephenmcilvaine@hotmail.com

us
    KcIrishGuy

May 2012
    Missouri
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This story has filtered all the way up to the Kansas City area. I remember being told about it at a "haunted places in Missouri" meeting back in high school. Not the best footnote I realize! But that type of oral tradition comes from someplace. Best of luck in your search.

Apr 2014
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I really liked this*information.
    Last edited by Ydivitsyawe; Jun 01, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Sponsored Links