The Reed Murder

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess I didn't put this one up yet, Terry had a few sentences on it, with a vague location. So if anyone wants to look for this one, I'll provide what details we could find. The year was around 1908, don't have the document open, so I'm guessing right now. Reed a local prospector disappears. Months later his decomposed body is found in a shallow grave along Boulder Creek. He was shot in the back. Folks thought he had some money. Later one of the Franz boys while drunk admits to killing Reed. Trial results in aquital, the other brother and mother were to also face going to trial. Newspapers carried story so it did happen. Reed cabin was on Franz Ranch.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Working along on the next book and had the article on the cabin with a chest discovered in the floor. Money crumbled on touch still had almost $100,000 good currency. Well I think I might have posted it here, but the location was Maxville, on Boulder Creek! Could it have belonged to Reed, makes one think. Franz's had a ranch and Maxville was where the land opened up enough. Food for thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread