jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BURIED GOLD AND SILVER.; SEEKING FOR TREASURE-TROVE IN A CAVE THE UNTOLD WEALTH OF THE MOUNTAINS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BURIED IN THE QUICKSANDS A STOCKCOMPANY AND ITS INTENTIONS.

There has been a legend prevalent in this vicinity for a hundred years, of the existence, somewhere in the Shawangunk Mountains, back of this village, of a cave or mine containing deposits of untold wealth in gold and silver coin, and jewels; and, in spite of the long, tedious, and unprofitable searches that have from time to time been made for the treasure-trove, and the very apparent... [ END OF FIRST PARAGRAPH ]

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9F04E5DB123FE63BBC4E53DFB366838C669FDE

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
shawangunk.JPG

The Old Mine Road C.G. Hine, 1909, reprinted 1963 by Rutgers University Press available in paperback on ebay.com

Last edited:

jpewarski

Dec 15, 2016
Surprise
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in the area, and want to really research this more. Any ideas what tools and research I can start with besides this article?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What County ?
i`ll see if the story is in the..... Thomas P. Terry`s United States Treasure Atlas vol #7 N.Y.
Gary

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not have faith in Terry books. It is a good story to research, sounds good to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions