All Treasure Hunting

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do ot put much faith in stories that start out "A Man found a cave in the woods", and ends with "He died before he could return", or "an earthquake sealed the entrance and it was never found again"...
Especially in NY.

HH,

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are no known gold deposits in New York State.

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree with auferret on this. Since the gold deposits in Canada and those also gold found in Pennsylvania and Ohio would lead me to believe that since all these landmasses are in the same region and caused by glacial forces then the sediment compound must be the same. I am adding a topo map of the Canadian gold finds in the Hudson bay area which extends downward into New York. So they are connected land masses.
CanadianProject_Map4.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just call the NYS Geologist and he will gladly confirm that the ONLY gold in New York is Glacial gold that was pushed down from Canada (fine and micro gold). That has not stopped people from selling gold mines in New York since the late 1600s. Good Luck!

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry is correct...There have been a few small nuggets found in NY, but the majority of the gold is flour gold (very fine), but it can be found in almost any creek you come across...

HH,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread