Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well forget about the actual fight site on the Wa$hita (I can't believe it let you spell Washita). That's completely off limits for detecting, but you can visit it. However, some of the sites where the soldiers staged before the fight are on private property and you might get in there. I believe where Elliott and his men were killed is on private property. Farther on down the river where the other people were camped is on private property, so there is a chance you could get permission to search these, if you want to look into it. I can tell you right now though, probably not. Welcome to Tnet, too!

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT'S all open now 1/2 mile wide for a mile anyway,i do a little hunting in there.private property few hundred yards,rest belong to lake.hunting and fishing ok.....rest? you know how the govermment is,don't move one stick,are rock.....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good place to check out Okiedowser is over around Strong City, where the Washita loops and makes like a peninsula. That's where Set-tainte and them guys were camped. My sister-in-law is from Cheyenne, but I only make it down to Oklahoma about once a year now. I know about the government. You ever get over to Foss Lake, I can direct you to a 7th Cavalry camp site, and not the one most people have heard about. But you can't get in there, cause you might disturb the geese mating or something. You get to Foss Lake, check out the mammoth tusk in the park office. That was found and reported by me, not fishermen. I was on a specific mission that day, and spotted that. I was hoping they might find tools in association with the site, but I guess not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread