"Stone Boot/Cave" James Treasure...Where is the Stone Boot Site located????

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Re: "Stone Boot/Cave" James Treasure...Where is the Stone Boot Site located????

maybe. not sure. i found a cave on a ledge overlooking a long pool of water.
From 30 yds away you can read J J above it but when you get closer it kinda disappears.
-bill-

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have seen Stone Boot & Cave NORTH of Indiahoma, OK
On Federal Land! :-X

Gooner said:
Stone boot is Spanish trail marker e.n.e. of horse and saddle cave about 120 yds.

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt

was it the "horse and saddle cave" by any chance?
-bill-

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gooner said:
was it the "horse and saddle cave" by any chance?
-bill-

Could be...I got pic of boot at home.....some things line up with that map.....just cannot get in there anymore.........like
that old Robot on TV use to say..."......Danger, Danger, Danger..."

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

here is pic of Boot on Fed Land.....

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,448
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 991
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 912

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt

:blob9:
that's not what I saw. The one I saw is about 5 feet tall. I'll try to get there with a digital camera this spring, and have a good look around. Maybe make a day out of it. Backpack full of groceries and eat my lunch. As I remember it was over a mile from where I parked. That was a few years ago. but at my site, I found a few arrowheads and pieces in the creek gravel. The boot shape and high-back chair shape is a fairly common trail marker in my part of the country. Could be these folks incorporated existing markers into their maps. In many places wagon roads became county roads with minor alterations. Some of the country was rugged an hilly, so any path through became main trail for everyone going that direction, no matter what the purpose. Daughter gave me an old scanner, but it has problems.............
-bill-

shepherd

Greenie
Apr 3, 2010

Enjoyed the posts and glad the interest on the James Gang treasure is still active. I will be back looking for the horse and saddle cave in a few weeks. Anyone have any tips?

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt

yeah, I think I found it. Where are you looking?
-bill-

shepherd

Greenie
Apr 3, 2010

Around Tarbone Mtn. I don't want to say to much because I am not sure who you are. Have camped in the area and used it to do my" hikes and birdwatching". Where have you been looking?

shepherd

Greenie
Apr 3, 2010

Has anyone been on Cutthroat gap lately? Is all of it federal land? Have some time to spend in the area this spring and want to cover as much area as possible

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt

Sheperd I don't know who you are either. I haven't been looking for it.
i was looking for something else when I found a plugged cave with J J
above it, and 42 paces west of it is another, and 2 more paces another,
just like on the two maps that overlay each other. Figure it to be the
horse and saddle cave. About two miles downstream
from the site that matches the Madrugada Estrella Mapa Oro. In N.E. Oklahoma.
I don't recall a stone boot near the end of the ledge but their are two of them
upstream near the twenty gold bars. The big post with the hole bored through it
is still there and across the creek is the three boulders. Not federal land either. Bob
Brewer's book made too many unjustified and unjustifiable assumptions. So the
stone boots were Spanish trail markers originally, and used as reference points
for the three jackloads of gold, two carried 140 lbs. and the third carried 120 lbs.
Who keeps carrying it off to southwest Oklahoma? And who keeps taking all this
loot away from the outlaws and giving it to the K.G.C. to finance the G.A.R.?
Come up here in the spring and be ready to camp out and move rocks if you want.
You'll have to figure out how to get along with my partners. We're a bunch of
goons, really we are.
-bill-

shepherd

Greenie
Apr 3, 2010

Bill,

How long you been treasure hunting?. I have fast become very interested in the Jesse James Gang story. Any other tips or reference material I should have as a must read? I have the Steve Wilson book and the endless amounts of internet info, along with the just getting out and exploring and documenting the area myself. I welcome any help, as I hope to be in the wichita mts area often this spring and summer. Any people or places I should get to know, or just plain be wary of in the area. Thanks for your help and I have enjoyed reading your previous posts. Seems like you have spent some time learning this stuff. I may take you up on getting together with you and your partners.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Be careful on Fed. Land.
and I have heard that E. Okla. has some "hill billies" cooking up there and they take no prisoners.

Don't go alone!

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt

I am one of the hillbillies,
we're not cooking anything but food,
the locations I have found are all on private property,
Bob Brewer is wrong,
nobody is guarding anything where I've been,
K.G.C. ownership of all the treasure is just a current fad, but they hid things too,
we really had Spaniards here where I live, and they hid things,
we really had outlaws here too, and they hid things,
we still have Native Americans here and some of them are close friends of mine,
anything else?
Oh, and if I come across someone cooking the evil stuff, I have ZERO tolerance for tweekers.
-bill-

shepherd

Greenie
Apr 3, 2010

Good morning everyone, in previous posts okietreasurehunter mentioned that cutthroat gap was on both private and federal land. Can anybody verify this claim? Where can one get accurate maps of where federal land and private land start. what happens if you found something of value on federal land?

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

if on federal land, good luck getting anything legally!
ck out county office for who owns land or.
http://publicrecords.netronline.com/

shepherd said:
Good morning everyone, in previous posts okietreasurehunter mentioned that cutthroat gap was on both private and federal land. Can anybody verify this claim? Where can one get accurate maps of where federal land and private land start. what happens if you found something of value on federal land?

Stmoritz

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2008
Fort Gibson Oklahoma

. Do you have any info on Twin Mountains over by Snyder Lake? Particularly about some sort of shootout that took place there. I have talked to folks who found a lot of empty cartridges around there, but haven't found anything related to the Spanish gold taken from from Devil's Canyon and supposedly buried there. There's a good chance something is there.
[/quote]

Good evening gentleman,

I normally just read and dip skoal, but I was wondering if you are referring to the Twin Mountains on the highway going toward Altus from Snyder, about five miles out, there is a series of peaks on the north of the road my granddad called Twin Mountains, according to a guy that lived close to there, there was a shootout back in the days close to where the sand pits are now, but it was just a story they told this young kid to entertain him, I am 63 years old now, and lived in the Snyder area with my grandparents south of the mountains where the Plesant Valley dirt airstrip sat on my family land. Like you guys in my younger days I was all over the wildlife park and heard the stories of the Iron Door, but the location I always heard it was northwest of the Treasure Lake Job Corp center. we would hike the trails, but I never saw anything like an iron door. LOL

There was an old indian camp south of the highway on the creek, that when it got full, about a day later, we could pick up arrowheads and stuff as it washed out, but alas, never found any gold.
I live in Fort Gibson Oklahoma now, and we have more than enough history projects in this town to keep me going for another 63 years, LOL, Adios and keep your powder dry.

Stmoritz

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2008
Fort Gibson Oklahoma

, but haven't found anything related to the Spanish gold taken from from Devil's Canyon and supposedly buried there. There's a good chance something is there.
[/quote]

There use to be some old smelters in Devil's Canyon, and you could walk or ride horse up there, but I have no clue who owes the area now, it appeared the mexicans or indians worked that are, but in the fifties, there were just ruins that I remember.

I remember stories that there were some gold mule trains that was attacked up on the north folk of the Red River, about ten miles from this area, but nothing in the area of Devil's Canyon.

Adios

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread