"Stone Boot/Cave" James Treasure...Where is the Stone Boot Site located???? - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: "Stone Boot/Cave" James Treasure...Where is the Stone Boot Site located????

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
    80 times
    Cache Hunting

Re: "Stone Boot/Cave" James Treasure...Where is the Stone Boot Site located????

If y'all get a hiking expedition in mind, I'd like to participate if I could! I've been wanting to go the Wichitas for quite some time but never have anybody to go with! I've been pretty tied up with some stuff in my neck of the woods but would particularly like to see some Spanish markers, etc. outside my scope of operations-it's all about the learning!
    Wearing out hiking boots and digging tools for pulltabs...yes I have found a pulltab in the remote desert!

us
    Oct 2010
    37 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

103 degrees is pretty hot for that neck of the woods!

us
    Mar 2003
    garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
    98 times

103 ain't nothing, it's been over 100 everyday since June 1st there and I think they hit the 110/112 mark just the other day.

It cools off nicely there during the fall and the bugs and snakes go away too.
    It's not what you look at but what you see

us
    Apr 2010

It has cooled off now quite a bit. Anybody been out to the wichita mountain area in a while. I was wondering if any of it burned this summer with all the fires that occurred thru the state. Looks like it might be time to get out and about.

us
    Mar 2003
    98 times

I just came back from spending a week there. If it's not brown from the lack of water it's black from fire. Almost all of the special use area has burned along with probably half of the 20,000 acres opened to the public. They got about three inches of rain there this past Saturday so that should help some. With everything burned the hiking is really pretty nice. You can see a lot more than you used to unless of course you are going to see green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-04-11.jpg 
Views:	937 
Size:	637.3 KB 
ID:	575189  

us
    Oct 2010
    37 times

Quote Originally Posted by alec
    I just came back from spending a week there. If it's not brown from the lack of water it's black from fire. Almost all of the special use area has burned along with probably half of the 20,000 acres opened to the public. They got about three inches of rain there this past Saturday so that should help some. With everything burned the hiking is really pretty nice. You can see a lot more than you used to unless of course you are going to see green.
    You can have the "Green"....I'll settle for the Yellow and Silver ....LOL

us
    Apr 2010

As far as the gold and silver goes. I'd rather have it as well. Anybody having any better luck hunting with the burnoff and die off of plants? For me it seems to be easier to walk around. The boulders and rock of course are still there but the grass isn't hiding the ground as much. Nice picture of the buffalo. I hope that was a zoom lens. You don't wanna tangle with that booger.

us
    Mar 2003
    98 times

Definitely a zoom lens although I have been a little closer before.

Name:	LAN_7236-2.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	369.2 KB 
ID:	579996  

us
    Mar 2003
    98 times

And yes, the things normally hidden in the grass are easier to find now.

Name:	i00271.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	883.3 KB 
ID:	579997  

us
    Apr 2010

Haven't posted in a while. Looks like someone definitely put the hole in that rock. Any info on that marker you would be willing to share? Gotta love the history behind things like that. Thanks.

us
    Mar 2003
    98 times

What kind of info are you wanting? I am assuming this is either Spanish or Mexican, there are some other markers in the area that go with it, the drill hole itself is about 3 inches across and around 4 inches deep and the rock the drill hole is in sits in an open field just off the base of a small ridgeline.

us
    I Find Things Always Have Always Will

Feb 2018
    United States
    English Dowsing Springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, Fisher Gold Bug, Whites SL, Falcon, MineLab SD2000, JW Fishers Underwater, OKM Rover C, Garrett Hand Held detectors, L-Rods, Natrual Willow Y
    206 times
    Hello All,

Its there you just have to look for a bigfoot.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links