SPANISH GOLD MINES IN OKLAHOMA???

Okielawman23

Dec 28, 2004
WELL I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA OBVIOUSLY<< I FOUND A CAVE BUT IT DOES NOT APEAR TO BE NATURAL, IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS PICKED OR DUG OUT OF THE ROCK FACE, I WANT TO TAKE MY DETECTOR DOWN THERE AND CHECK IT OUT BUT IT IS A 2 HOUR DRIVE, I AM GOING BACK THIS WEEKEND ,,, COULD IT BE AN OLD MINE????? ANY IDEAS, THE WHOLE FLOOR IS COVERED WITH FLINT ARROW HEAD CHIPS , AND IT GOES DEEP I DID NOT HAVE A LIGHT BUT I PLAN TO RETURN.

CHRIS.....

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Chances are that it's not a Spanish mine. Here in Oklahome what mining activity the Spanish did was pretty well concealed. It could be Mexican and there is a difference. More than likely it is a cave. The few Spanish mines I've seen that weren't concealed, were vertical shafts and not very deep.

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Lots of Spanish and Mex. mines in Okla. In Wichita Mts. and elsewhere. Lost silver diggings near Wright City was said to be Spanish at one time, later it was a Methodist minister and two young Choctaw boys. Wilson Zocke knew of it, so did Joe Oklahoma, the WW1 codetalker.
-bill- :read2:

Stmoritz

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2008
Fort Gibson Oklahoma
Okielawman23 said:
WELL I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA OBVIOUSLY<< I FOUND A CAVE BUT IT DOES NOT APEAR TO BE NATURAL, IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS PICKED OR DUG OUT OF THE ROCK FACE, I WANT TO TAKE MY DETECTOR DOWN THERE AND CHECK IT OUT BUT IT IS A 2 HOUR DRIVE, I AM GOING BACK THIS WEEKEND ,,, COULD IT BE AN OLD MINE????? ANY IDEAS, THE WHOLE FLOOR IS COVERED WITH FLINT ARROW HEAD CHIPS , AND IT GOES DEEP I DID NOT HAVE A LIGHT BUT I PLAN TO RETURN.

CHRIS.....

If it is in Eastern Oklahoma, it may be an indian flint site, or of course, we have numerous outlaw caves that dot the area, with all the stories that go with, Belle Starr, of course the KGC, Cherokee Bill, etc., just be careful over in this area, the boyz dont take kindly to their annual harvests, and the meth labs seem to be growing out of the ground nowdays.

Adios

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their are Spanish Mines in Missouri also. going from the Southwest part of the state up to the middle Eastern and South part of the state.
There is one outside of Piedmont Mo. And when you find one you will know as they put Crosses all over the place and carved them into the walls of rock around the area and mine .

It seems they where fanatical about doing this at there Mine sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread