Carbondale and Scranton Pa - any tips in these areas?

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Mike !

I Havn't Researched anything Up your Way yet,
But I Do Know there are alot of Spots up that way Worth
Checking out.

Go thru some of the Older posts in the PA Section Here

If anything Peeks your Intrest Make a Post in it

& Perhaps We can add some More info.

Jeff

OP
OP
mfitzy111

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jeff- thank you!

I'm interested in some places that I've already hiked/walked and want to check out like the D&H rail road- I've found some older structures along the old rail line, that are just foundations now. the iron from the trains (rust) and old bolts and metal might make it interesting to really check out- ... but I think I'll give it a go. any old stories from this area would be interesting and maybe useful for my adventures...

thanks again. and good meeting you.

~Mike

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Hi Mike

Names Brian I am from Hop Bottom in the same deal that you are in. Just getting into the hobby and looking for places and people to hunt with. I know that the Nicholson and Kingsley bridges has troops stationed at them during WWI and WWII and I believe there was a Union Camp on the flats in Nicholson also. My dad also tells me of a Revolutionary war "fort" up in the New Milford/Hallsted area if ya want to get togather some time and do some research and hunting let me know.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why not try the Nay Aug Park area (if they allow detecting).

Devonitt

Feb 26, 2013
Archbald PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike,
My name is Devon. I live nearby in Archbald and I was actually look to buy a metal detector at the moment and happened upon your post. I'm very new to this obviously, but I've always been a bit of a treasure hunter :) When I go to the beach for a day I spend more time digging through sand than in the water, I always have. Anyways, I am also looking for places to search for anything basically but I would really love to find some historic items. If you have found any great places I'd love to hear about them. Also, there is a place nearby... I think it is technically in Cortez... or in that general area at least. It's a very nice hiking trail called "Varden Conservatory" I think. I'm very unsure on a lot of this but hopefully the general idea will help you find it if you're interested haha. Anyhow, I hope to hear more from you on here!! And my email address is [email protected] :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread