Sandy Lake; Mercer County

kalbs

Tenderfoot
Nov 3, 2010
I took a look at Sandy Lake last weekend (No detecting this trip, just field 'recon'). It is a commercial beach/boat rental operation, w/a floating diving platform. Have any members worked the water or beach? If I had the time, I would have to consider dredging the area around that diving platform. After the beach closes in the fall, the shallow water should be productive. I suspect that I am not the first to look at this area and drool . . . .

Felicia211

Aug 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would assume that since it was completely flooded once or twice the whole area would be interesting to search. I would love to have a go once I get a detector.

Pa_Dirtfisher

Sep 28, 2014
Mercer County
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Safari. Whites TRX pin pointer and Deteknix pin pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are talking about Stoneboro lake it's been pretty picked over already. I've been there a few times... lots of pull tabs and tin foil, some clad. I've never found silver there tho unfortunately. You might want to check out the fairgrounds in Stoneboro while your out that way. it's always a good place to hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread