dents run treasure

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Years ago my son and I spent time up in Dent's Run, communicated with a man called "Sarge" (former police officer if I remember correctly). He related knowing someone local (a jeweler I think) that actually discovered a bar up around the 'ambush site.' In any case, I started digging - even went so far as the National Archives, etc. You name it, I poked through it. If nothing else, I enjoyed the research (love history). I did find disjointed odds and ends that fit the legend, but was never able to string anything together - maybe cause there was nothing to string. I'm operating from memory here - it has been several years at least - but, I did find a couple things that truly sparked some excitement (or, at least fun). First, was the discovery of military records that matched the story. Second, I tracked the lone survivor (tracing his movements as best I could) from the site along a line that roughly ran SW and along which (supposedly) gold pieces were discovered by the Pinkertons. At the end of the line I discovered his name/family in the census records. Of all the 'research' I engaged in, that piece was the most intriguing to me. Please forgive me if I can't be specific - again, it was years ago and I gave my research to my then partner. On top of it I don't even reside in the country anymore. No matter what - it was a fun legend to pursue. Nothing better than getting out into nature.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finderskeeper...s , just curious. What is your position in the business? Is it a corporation? Are you president ? How many of the “workers” are members here? Is it voluntary?
Perhaps I could use your services?? Rumor has it that their is $700 million in land owed to my fathers side of the family ? Near Allentown Pa , Blue mountain! Can’t find any info and most likely a rumor? The government has probably taken over the land for not paying taxes![emoji30]

kudo623

Jun 24, 2011
Quakertown PA
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500 2BOX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think the whole Finders Keepers bio is a great story of how a person can be inspired by a map, leave his job and take a great leap of faith and start his own Treasure Finding Business with his family. It takes some guts, grit, determination, perseverance, tenacity, all qualities that we embrace on this site as fellow TH and Americans. Its that opportunity we all have to be entrepreneurs. Some of us would like to do what Dennis did, but to leave our jobs and do it is not an easy thing, having a family to support, bills to pay, etc and etc. Having a business of my own I understand both the uncertainty of succeeding but also the faith one must have in his abilities granted to him from God and the "fire in his belly" to actually step out in faith and do it and succeed knowing that he will work long and hard hours and reap the rewards of his labors. Yeah, my hat is off to Dennis and his Team because they have done something that inspires us all. Thank you Dennis!

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago my son and I spent time up in Dent's Run, communicated with a man called "Sarge" (former police officer if I remember correctly). He related knowing someone local (a jeweler I think) that actually discovered a bar up around the 'ambush site.'

My uncle lives in St Mary's.

An old timer was his neighbor and his story was a local man sold gold shavings from a bar to a jewler from time to time.
The man would never say where he got the gold bar or show the bar to anyone.Just sold shavings from it when he needed money.

IMO just folklore but not to far off the story you have gotten.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
old bickering bitties ,spend more time arguing over treasure ...more p ower looking for nothing at least they are doing something than come here and having an old bittie coffee clutch...

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't plan to hunt for treasure with the FBI standing by to swoop in and take what I find after doing all the work that's for sure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I think the whole Finders Keepers bio is a great story of how a person can be inspired by a map, leave his job and take a great leap of faith and start his own Treasure Finding Business with his family. It takes some guts, grit, determination, perseverance, tenacity, all qualities that we embrace on this site as fellow TH and Americans. Its that opportunity we all have to be entrepreneurs. Some of us would like to do what Dennis did, but to leave our jobs and do it is not an easy thing, having a family to support, bills to pay, etc and etc. Having a business of my own I understand both the uncertainty of succeeding but also the faith one must have in his abilities granted to him from God and the "fire in his belly" to actually step out in faith and do it and succeed knowing that he will work long and hard hours and reap the rewards of his labors. Yeah, my hat is off to Dennis and his Team because they have done something that inspires us all. Thank you Dennis!

All of this , that you've said, would be true if there were a treasure to research and search for, in the first place.

And let's be clear: People often put in "perseverance", and "determination" and "tenacity" and "leave their jobs", and "step out on faith" for all types of silly things. The fact of sincerity and effort (which Dennis is to be commended for), do not make the object of that person's goal to be , of necessity .... true.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you people ever hear ....
Finders Keepers Losers Weepers?

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, not all is negative, please don't let let armchair (experts) get to ya, it seems most like the safety of (sure things),but anyone really in the lifestyle knows that sure things are only a part of a controlled and accepted lifestyle and living,this is TREASURE NET, and there is no sure thing when it comes to anything related to it, so to see so many saying disparaging things here,attacking you personally, well its sickening, how many of these are doing anything at all? ??I encourage you to take all their negative sh@!,as evidence of their own lack of fortitude to do anything worthy of hunting, as long as its documented and is a safe bet,well then it's not treasure is it??you have to look in order to find, my hats off to ya as well,please don't let *******s turn you away from this site,there are (thoroughbreds) here.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, not all is negative, please don't let let armchair (experts) get to ya, it seems most like the safety of (sure things),but anyone really in the lifestyle knows that sure things are only a part of a controlled and accepted lifestyle and living,this is TREASURE NET, and there is no sure thing when it comes to anything related to it, so to see so many saying disparaging things here,attacking you personally, well its sickening, how many of these are doing anything at all? ??I encourage you to take all their negative sh@!,as evidence of their own lack of fortitude to do anything worthy of hunting, as long as its documented and is a safe bet,well then it's not treasure is it??you have to look in order to find, my hats off to ya as well,please don't let *******s turn you away from this site,there are (thoroughbreds) here.

Thank You, No I am not going to leave this site YET. I will when I prove the gold to them . I say what I can because its the truth . No one deals with the government like we do and its the government that's holding us back from telling the truth. In a few weeks the truth will come out and Finders Keepers will win and that's what keeps me posting on the sites. After I win I will end all posting on the TN site. I have to many film crews and movie companys telling me to stay quiet. Things are in the works and this Dents Run site should be a major story for everyone to tell for years to come. Thank You for the post :occasion14:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, when I first started prospecting for gold,I was very green and I have been a rockhound since I was just little, started with fossils, then quartz,and moved on as I learned, always new of gold, and the gold rush,being a history buff,but I live in pa,so naturally never even thought of prospecting for it in pa,then I learned of glacial gold, WHAT there's a very slim shot of finding gold here,that's all I needed, and I was concentrating some gravels in the Allegheny river, not far from where all this story is about,and this group of guys came up to me and asked what I was doing,and I said looking for gold,well,he looked at me and said really? ,gold, this isn't California, started laughing with his buds,and said gold,in pa,that's crazy!!well when I searched for anyone like minded, I found T NET, and my user name became (loco oro) ,it seemed appropriate. Just saying treasure comes in all forms,but only to those who seek it,and there is gold in the Allegheny, not enough to go back, but I was right,and this is what still drives me today,12 years later, still on a treasure hunt every weekend, still get (loco)looks, cause I am in the east,but I have found color everywhere I have gone, from NC,to pa,and can't wait to go this weekend, so t net, has true seekers,and wannabes, and I hope you keep up the hunting, not many do, it's the passion, and fortitude, thankyou for sharing your story, your adventures with us, win,lose or draw, the thoroughbreds live it bro

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, with all your lawyers. Why did you not have a lawyer make a deal with the state government?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, when I first started prospecting for gold,I was very green and I have been a rockhound since I was just little, started with fossils, then quartz,and moved on as I learned, always new of gold, and the gold rush,being a history buff,but I live in pa,so naturally never even thought of prospecting for it in pa,then I learned of glacial gold, WHAT there's a very slim shot of finding gold here,that's all I needed, and I was concentrating some gravels in the Allegheny river, not far from where all this story is about,and this group of guys came up to me and asked what I was doing,and I said looking for gold,well,he looked at me and said really? ,gold, this isn't California, started laughing with his buds,and said gold,in pa,that's crazy!!well when I searched for anyone like minded, I found T NET, and my user name became (loco oro) ,it seemed appropriate. Just saying treasure comes in all forms,but only to those who seek it,and there is gold in the Allegheny, not enough to go back, but I was right,and this is what still drives me today,12 years later, still on a treasure hunt every weekend, still get (loco)looks, cause I am in the east,but I have found color everywhere I have gone, from NC,to pa,and can't wait to go this weekend, so t net, has true seekers,and wannabes, and I hope you keep up the hunting, not many do, it's the passion, and fortitude, thankyou for sharing your story, your adventures with us, win,lose or draw, the thoroughbreds live it bro

You would like it at our site in New Ross ,NS. Canada. We are next to Gold River and on top of a volcano tube. WE have all the mineral rights under this area. WE are miners looking for gold , minerals, and gem stones. We have found a lot of gold dust that does not pay the bills, but we been tracking some glory holes with a lot of nuggets. AS soon as this FBI thing is done we plan to do a lot of drilling and digging. Mining is a major business that the Nova Scotia Gov. wants back in the area. They help with cost and info to get mining and panning back . They are great to work with. Just a thought if you are in the area.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis, with all your lawyers. Why did you not have a lawyer make a deal with the state government?

And you don't think we tried :BangHead: to deal with them ( DCNR ). We don't just give up every thing found , we give up film rights, and we can not talk about them. So if we can not tell what they did to us, we have no book to sell, no TV show, no movie to do, and we can not keep anything found. But we pay all cost to dig it up for them and pay to re claim the land. They ( DCNR ) would not even give us a 10% finders fee . This is why we let it set for 6yrs. They could not dig it up ( but did do a dig 5yrs ago ) because they did not have a claim on it. They owned the land but the finder had a claim. The Federal Gov. does pay a finders fee but again we would have to go to federal court to get it. Everyone in Pa. has been told some kind of story about the laws in Pa. and from what we see the state does not have a law to cover all kinds of lost treasures. They say do not dig and anything found belongs to them. They did not complete the Pa. law on treasures finds. The state does not own it all, if Indian gold or Spanish Gold or Federal Gold is found , They have to turn it over to owner. So its not the state that wins every time, and this could be one of those cases. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona

Couple hundred yards north of the ambush site some one was mining gold down in these rocks. Was under the huge bolder.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523851193.023121.jpg

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
249831_326961770741482_1687970579_n.jpg Please no more bashing others here...not very nice.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more insults, bashing or calling member liar will result in long timeout or ban.

If you can't post by TreasureNet rules don't post or lose the ability to post at all.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... I will when I prove the gold to them . I say what I can because its the truth . No one deals with the government like we do and its the government that's holding us back from telling the truth. In a few weeks the truth will come out and Finders Keepers will win

Ahhh , we have a time-line now: It's "a few weeks". Here's my Tom_in_CA predictions :

a) Since "in a few weeks" is still rather nebulous , the revealing date will never occur. It will be perpetually "any week now" or "soon", or "a few more weeks", etc....

b) Finders-keepers will resort to name calling (aka: "argumentum ad hominem ")

c) The "revealing" will not be any gold or treasure. Instead, the "revealing" will be salacious conspiratorial details. That somehow prove the treasure is "just out of reach" or little to the left, or a little to the right, etc....

d) Or supposedly show it was taken away by someone else, but the other party is being hush hush or stole it or whatever.

e) a "tip of the iceberg" object or find . That *most certainly* shows that more is there. Or that more was there, that disappeared in a conspiracy.

f) A legal dilemma that keeps you from telling us more. Eg.: FBI or lawyers or police, etc... are telling you not to talk to the public.

g) we will hear nothing at all, except the sound of crickets.

h) we will be shown photos of bars (much like sgtfda has done) , purported to be the Dents run treasure. They can never be scrutinized by any media source (ironic though, since you want media attention). So the public will have to take your word for it that these are treasure/gold/silver found at Dents Run.

This is your chance finder-keepers. If I were you, I'd RELISH the opportunity to make all the skeptics eat crow. And I do not fault you for ONE MOMENT , to desire to claim your fame, if you truly found something. That's what this hobby is all about, after all. Ie.: Show & tell , after all, is something we all relish in this hobby . Why do you think "today's find" section is among the most heavily trafficked sections here ??

So if I were you, I would MOST CERTAINLY relish the chance to put the critics to bed. Ok, we're waiting. Bring it on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread