zzdwg.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3,766
  • zzdwg2.jpg
    zzdwg2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 4,315
D

deacon

Jeff,
This could very well fall within the Delaware WaterGap National Park. If so, I guess it may remain lost forever.

Deacon

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
most of delware water gap is protected,national park,i only live 2 min from there,so many killer places to go,many old,old hotels that had burned down back in the turn of the century,you can go look but no touch,there is an old dutch settle ment from the 1600:s there but i have yet to find any trace of it,i know about where but no find yet. have had some severe flooding over the last 2 years ,it has just made it worse,,i keep looking....mike

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike in pa said:
most of delware water gap is protected,national park,i only live 2 min from there,so many killer places to go,many old,old hotels that had burned down back in the turn of the century,you can go look but no touch,there is an old dutch settle ment from the 1600:s there but i have yet to find any trace of it,i know about where but no find yet. have had some severe flooding over the last 2 years ,it has just made it worse,,i keep looking....mike

With the amount of Flooding the Delaware has seen
over its History,
I would think Most treasures along it Were Washed South of
the Water gap & out of the National park Years ago.

If there are 90 Degree Turns. Y's in the River, Islands,
etc, where things can get hung up, south of the National Park
they should be Trashy but also hold some intresting items.

The Park can stop you frome removing things.
But it can't stop the water from doing so ;)

The same should be Rememberd by Everyone who
is intrested in searching around National Parks.

Search to the South, along the Creek & River Banks.

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Jeff is there anywhere in the state you don't have info on....LOL!!

Hey Mike, how 'bout finding out who owns the Buck Hill Inn, I'll make the permission call and me and Jeff will pick you up to hunt that treasure holder!!

Dave

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DKinPA said:
Jeff is there anywhere in the state you don't have info on....LOL!!

Hey Mike, how 'bout finding out who owns the Buck Hill Inn, I'll make the permission call and me and Jeff will pick you up to hunt that treasure holder!!

Dave

This Place ?
You Know what County ?

Attachments

• BHIannex%2520120.JPG
    BHIannex%2520120.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 11,099
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DK , I sent you Fruther Details I have

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
buck hill inn barrett township pike county,im in the stroudsburg fire dept ,i will call the guys up in barrett fire to see who owns it ,we should be able to do some thing up there,there is a old foundation at the entrance to the golf course at buck hill,i read about it in a news paper from the 1800:S lets see what happens....mike

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
That's the place Jeff!!!!!! I had the opportunity to photograph this place two years ago and I can only imagine what this was like in it's heyday!!

Lookin forward to what Mike can find out about this place, there are a few acres of potential at this site!

Dave

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
what you see in the picture is the dorm rooms for the employees it was set on fire about 1 to 2 years ago by some kids on drugs there is a tunnel that leads to the main building,i will try to go up tomorrow and take some current pics of the place,might take a couple of days to hear back about permission,yes there is a lot of property there,most people that went there had lots and lots of moneythey auctioned off most of the furniture,plates ,glass work,years ago huge crowd..if we get in there we should have a killer day,i will swing my detector till my arms fall off...lol...mike

generik

Apr 11, 2007
Selinsgrove, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V
That place looks more spectacular in its day than the Shikellamy Hotel in it's day. Ofcourse that hotel burned also.

Erik

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Jeff,
Greetings from NJ!
I have been looking into this story of the gold payroll in the gap and think I have found the spot where the canoe was beached. Do you have any more info on this story? Or a direction to point me in about this?
Seems to me theres a few scenarios that could be in order.
1.The only guy responsible for the gold died, so why not keep it and say it was lost?
or
2.It was found later and whoever found it kept thier mouth shut.
or
3.It was disloged by flooding and is in the bottom of the river downstream, if the box is intact
or
4. It was dislodged, broke open and coins scattered downstream.
or
5. Its still sitting there, hidden
or
6. Its under route 80 :-\

What do you think?
Daniel

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
kuttothecheese i only live 2 minutes to the 1-80 bridge so if you would like to get together and go over what we know let me know,i have two other people that are also looking in to this ....mike p.s. if it in the river,after the last 3 huge floods that we have had over the last 2 years it is scattered to the wind

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Sure, I am out the door to my day job now, but I'll get back to you later.
We need a date on this story.
Have a good one

Kutthecheese....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions