🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know where the P&E Passenger Depot west of Emporium was
& If things were not built up between there & the old west creek Road,
and you can hunt it

a.jpg

yep allot of If's

and a bit of Luck Needed , but it's an Antique now, If still laying there :thumbsup:

Cameron County press. (Emporium, Cameron County, Pa.), 20 June 1907.

b.jpg

Cameron County press. (Emporium, Cameron County, Pa.) 1866-1922, June 20, 1907, Image 5 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

blackheart

Mar 6, 2024
Emporium, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 / Nokta AccuPoint
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this thread is older, but looking at a 1914 map of Cameron County, I believe the depot in question is further west than your pic. The only one showing on the 1914 map was in the village of Howard. Locals refer to it as Howard's Siding. Not 100% sure that there WASN'T another location closer to town, but the map I have doesn't show it. I live in Emporium, and found this thread in a search for Cameron County. I am currently digging into old school houses and a few other sites in the immediate area. The state has a stranglehold on much of the county's "Ghost Towns", but I have found a few places that are privately owned, so working on permissions for those. One is a lost and forgotten race track from the 50s that had a bunch of concession stands, grand stands, etc. They closed it after a nasty accident that resulted in death. If you're ever up this way, and The Little Museum is open, I recommend stopping in. There is a pile of cool stuff to check out. Happy Hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread