$3,565 Train Robbery between Shamokin & Trevorton 1915.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no other info yet , & "Mount Poco ?"
if they are talking Mount Pocono, That is no where Near Shamokin & Trevorton,

Untitled.jpg

making this Article Very Confusing. So I'm guessing "Mount Poco" is a Local Designation .

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Evening public ledger. (Philadelphia [Pa.]), 01 May 1915.

Evening public ledger. (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1914-1942, May 01, 1915, Night Extra, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Last edited:

bumper1990

Jun 16, 2013
shamokin,pa
Detector(s) used
fisher f-2
no other info yet , & "Mount Poco ?"
if they are talking Mount Pocono, That is no where Near Shamokin & Trevorton,

I think i know exactly where they are talking about it is mount poco but from what i understand its not a mountain more of a place. you can pm me for more info on that one. I have heard rumors of this from older fellows before that live in tharptown but i never believed it because i never found any info on it i was tickled pink when i read this. The story i hear from a older fellow is " they robbed the train then hiked over the mountain towards tharptown area and camped in the mountain for a few days till things settled and hid the money so if they got caught there was no proof but they did get caught and both men died in prison and the money was never found" is it true? i dont know i would like to think it is. i would love to find the newspaper for that entire week to see if they did get caught. i did find bits and pieces of info on this but this is the first credible piece thank you very much for posting this. i am from the shamokin area so i love shamokin stories i also have a few other "treasure" stories im researching from the area

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find any other Mention in the Papers On this, But I'll take another Look.
Is odd there are no Follow Ups

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread