Cisco (Eastland Co) - Turgen Gang Lost Coin Treasure

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
This is an interesting tale that has always stuck in my mind too. I was reading a book on lost treasure once, someone was fixing fence posts(I believe it was in this area)and looked down and found a gold coin. Now, I don't know if this was the same area for sure, but I intend to start re-reading some lost t. books to see if I can find that story. I don't think any other coins were found.

jerryeckhart

Mar 16, 2010
This might be an old posting, but I do have info on this that appeared in an article I did several years ago for Lost Treasure. This tale came about as a result of the Santa Claus Bank robbery. The Billy Turgen gang was not involved in this, but overenthusiastic newspaper reporters grabbed on to this gang and spread it around the country. The coins that were supposedly hidden were never taken. The loot from this robbery by the Ratliff gang was recovered in toto. I interviewed the bank bookkeeper who actually counted the money taken back in the 90's. She died several years ago at the age of 95. This supposedly lost loot was written in several books and magazines, but it was all hype, as a result of over enthusiastic newspaper reporters. There was none lost.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Nice to hear of Jerry, I've been wondering it you and Chuckers are in cahoots. :dontknow:

fingers

Sep 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this will help. I once worked for a man whose father owned land around Gunsight, He found a round rock with a face on one side and Spanish writing on the other. He asked a Mexican ranch to translate it. It said "Seven ceders mucho money". I believe he got that wrong because I had a very old map of the area that showed a place called "Seven Sisters Cow Camp", but I have since misplaced that map.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread