jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The times dispatch. (Richmond, Va.), 10 June 1906.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg
000fff.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...=&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=64

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TY, Jeff for providing the article... heard/read such "legends", & now can give you facts; there IS a Stone Mountain in Bedford County; Stone Mountain Road is a "branch" of Smith Mountain Lake Parkway (Smith Mountain Lake - Bedford County, Va.) & near-by is Morgan Creek or Church Road); Treasure Legend is that Bedford County has a creek, near Stone Mountain & it was dammed up, coins in a box put in it, & a huge WHITE Stone was put over it. MAY be a similar "legend"; NEVER looked for it. I would look for a Morgan Creek near Stone Mountain; also visit Smith Mountain Lake, if YOU DO look for it. WHITE Stone is PROBABLY Feldspar, a quartz-like stone; had MANY Feldspar Mines near Moneta, Va. (also near SML) with bits of GOLD or Pyrite in the Feldspar (with RUMORS of GOLD, near-by). I have many such stones bordering my garden; NICE to look at! Vinton IS very near Roanoke/Big Lick, & ppl DID hide their stuff from the Yanks; will try to find THAT "site"... BUT! PROBABLY has been found/developed over, if it was near the Great Western Road, L/S Turn-Pike/Rt. 460 West of me. LOVE to read that stuff... one can "dream"! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread