Swamp Gold

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think a dowsing rod is only as good as the operator. It is odd that they will go to the same spot. But Im not sure that means treasure is there. Maybe an underground water source? Maybe someone will record the show and I can watch it and maybe I will learn something. Maybe I need to broaden my horizons.

Having a more open mind is the best way to broaden anyone's horizons. The show is hopefully going to be bought by one of the major networks. They have already shown interest in the past. We have been working on this for months. I will guarantee you will be able to learn something by watching it. The funnymen naysayers will tell you that you will be able to learn how NOT to find treasure. We will see about that.

As far as dowsing goes there is a forum on T-Net that is devoted to it and you can find many arguments both pro and con. There are hundreds upon hundreds of posts about it. Read it an you can take a side. Most people have already made up their minds on this subject and will not truly listen to both sides as seems to happen on many subjects.

The rod, pendulum or whatever is used is not where the power is. The information is either within you or travels thru you. I think the majority of dowsers over-estimate their abilities and end up giving it a bad name by making outrageous claims that they cannot or will not back up. Ovid was one in a 1000 or perhaps 10,000 or 100,000. As with all things in life there is always somebody that rises to the top to become the best in any field. Ovid was one of these. My incompetence has been the reason for my own lack of being able to find what he has led me to. My signature at the bottom of my posts refers to me as well as to others.

I am not interested in wasting my time or that of others in the pursuit of some pipe dream or wild goose chase. This quest originally started over 26 years ago when I was involved in a story of sunken U-boat treasure that had nothing to do with dowsing when I got involved. Unfortunately treasure hunting seems to always stay at the bottom of my list of priorities. I am working on changing that. Our TV show is part of that. A BIG part.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I did "water-witching" (aka Dowsing) for water lines at my old home-place, when I was younger; used two coat hangers, L-shaped; short part of "L" was 3 '' & long part was 7 ". My MIND was "charged" as I visualized water lines; found 'em.
Same for Treasure(s), I reckon; "charge" for GOLD... find GOLD.

Water is the easiest thing to find because our bodies are made up of a lot of water. It is also our most basic need and mother nature has given us the ability to find it to survive. Dowsers may use a "witness" such as gold, silver or whatever it is they are looking for to help tune in their mind to the proper "wavelength" as you would with a crystal in a radio. It works but as with most things it takes lots of practice and experience. Most people will not put in the effort it takes and want instant success. This is the way it is with most things in life.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's bigger than big.
Good luck, I hope you find what your looking for and I hope it's CSA gold in the Everglades or even better, Spanish era Gold. I just hope the show doesn't turn out like Ric Savage's American Diggers. Will your show definitely be getting national air time?

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good luck, I hope you find what your looking for and I hope it's CSA gold in the Everglades or even better, Spanish era Gold. I just hope the show doesn't turn out like Ric Savage's American Diggers. Will your show definitely be getting national air time?

I think the gold may have been placed there by the Miccosukee's, but I really don't know how it may have gotten there. I hope my show is the opposite of Savage Family Diggers. I have had to give control of that to the production company. The plan is for it to air on national TV. The major networks are all getting a chance to buy the episodes. The "sizzle" is supposed to be done today.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did "water-witching" (aka Dowsing) for water lines at my old home-place, when I was younger; used two coat hangers, L-shaped; short part of "L" was 3 '' & long part was 7 ". My MIND was "charged" as I visualized water lines; found 'em.
Same for Treasure(s), I reckon; "charge" for GOLD... find GOLD.
I have yet to see anyone find gold with a dowsing rod.

I am a bit familiar with the dowsing forum. When TN first started we had no choice but to banish them to their own forum. Im sorry to say but the majority of map dowsers are frauds and wannabes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I hate this site it wont let me edit properly. I commented that the vast majority are frauds and wannabes but that doesnt mean that there may be 1 in a thousand that is real. I will keep an open mind.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I hate this site it wont let me edit properly. I commented that the vast majority are frauds and wannabes but that doesnt mean that there may be 1 in a thousand that is real. I will keep an open mind.

There are frauds and wannabes every where you go. You have to learn how to recognize them. I was probably a little (lot) too brash when I joined T-Net. I said too much too soon and caused a lot of people to not believe anything I say. I am one of the most honest people you will meet when it comes to all this treasure stuff. Probably too honest. I am not going to change.

I think my honesty is one of the things that may have caused me to be contacted by the Miccosuki's. We have formed a bond of friendship and trust. I have been told by others that if I lead them to the gold and it is found they will feed me to the alligators. It is a chance I have already taken. We haven't dug up the gold yet and I haven't been eaten.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the gold may have been placed there by the Miccosukee's, but I really don't know how it may have gotten there...
If gold exists there,it is most likely to be that of the CALUSA,and it is possible that the hummock is an burial mound.
The Calusa lived in Florida during the 1500's,fought the Spanish for 150 years,and took captives.
The Calusa aquired their gold and silver from Spanish captives and salvaging shipwrecks.It would make sense that a native American shaman would hold a ceremony on top of a sacred burial mound,but not because it contained gold,but as a mystical magical site.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If gold exists there,it is most likely to be that of the CALUSA,and it is possible that the hummock is an burial mound.
The Calusa lived in Florida during the 1500's,fought the Spanish for 150 years,and took captives.
The Calusa aquired their gold and silver from Spanish captives and salvaging shipwrecks.It would make sense that a native American shaman would hold a ceremony on top of a sacred burial mound,but not because it contained gold,but as a mystical magical site.
Burial mounds are strictly off limits. I doubt even the Indians will ever allow anyone to dig a Calusa mound. Im sure this last reply will get the attention of the federal law enforcement officers that are reading this thread and I dont blame them.

For what its worth I dont believe the location has anything to do with the Calusa.. Out of respect for the dead, we dont want to have any involvement with protected Indian mounds.

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cloud Mountain is NOT A BURIAL MOUND or a mountain.. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DIGGING ANY WHERE NEAR ONE. PLEASE GET THAT STRAIGHT. We dug in the swamp. If any digging is done on "Cloud Mountain" it will be done by members of the tribe. ECS-You are just making an uneducated guess about the Calusa connection.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes he was just guessing. He hasnt been to the location. Neither have I but I seriously doubt there are natural hammocks or Indian mounds involved. I really hate to even mention Indian mounds on an online treasure site because its like yelling bomb on an airplane lol. I doubt even the Indians themselves would ever dig a sacred site.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes he was just guessing. He hasnt been to the location. Neither have I but I seriously doubt there are natural hammocks or Indian mounds involved. I really hate to even mention Indian mounds on an online treasure site because its like yelling bomb on an airplane lol. I doubt even the Indians themselves would ever dig a sacred site.

Native People WOULDN'T dig into the Mounds... they KNOW better!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Cloud Mountain is NOT A BURIAL MOUND or a mountain.. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DIGGING ANY WHERE NEAR ONE. PLEASE GET THAT STRAIGHT. We dug in the swamp. If any digging is done on "Cloud Mountain" it will be done by members of the tribe. ECS-You are just making an uneducated guess about the Calusa connection.
It was based on the many posts you made on this thread concerning a Native American shaman holding a "ritual" on "Cloud Mountain"as a indicator that there was gold at this site,and you most recent statement that the Miccosukee may have placed gold there.
The Calusa had gold,they built mounds,they were buried with their possessions,an educated hypothesis.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It was based on the many posts you made on this thread concerning a Native American shaman holding a "ritual" on "Cloud Mountain"as a indicator that there was gold at this site,and you most recent statement that the Miccosukee may have placed gold there.
The Calusa had gold,they built mounds,they were buried with their possessions,an educated hypothesis.

I may be wrong about this but I think I just said an old Indian. I don't think I used the word shaman. I also don't think I said rituals, I said ceremonies. I also think he could sense, feel or see the aura of the gold. I know this is hard to believe but I also think you can take pictures of this aura if you use the right lens/camera. I have seen it done.

As far as any digging that may occur, the Miccosuki's are in charge and do the digging. That is part of our deal.

On another note, the sizzle is done. It is hilarious. They have asked me not to post it. Fine with me. Everybody said they would make me look like an idiot. Nope, they just make me look crazy. I can deal with that. A MAJOR network is VERY interested.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes its a good guess ECS but talk like that will cause another visit from federal law enforcement. Living and working in the Everglades, I refuse to discuss Calusa Indian mounds on a treasure site. Although the visits were cordial and they are just doing their job, it can be intimidating. I have to be careful and I will squash any talk of Indian mounds on this thread. Besides Indian mounds have very little treasure if any. I hope you understand my friend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I may be wrong about this but I think I just said an old Indian. I don't think I used the word shaman. I also don't think I said rituals, I said ceremonies. I also think he could sense, feel or see the aura of the gold. I know this is hard to believe but I also think you can take pictures of this aura if you use the right lens/camera. I have seen it done.

As far as any digging that may occur, the Miccosuki's are in charge and do the digging. That is part of our deal.

On another note, the sizzle is done. It is hilarious. They have asked me not to post it. Fine with me. Everybody said they would make me look like an idiot. Nope, they just make me look crazy. I can deal with that. A MAJOR network is VERY interested.
I can imagine one or the other lol. For what it worth I dont believe in the camera thing. I have a couple of old Polaroids at the station. Ill ask my boss if we can throw them out if you want them. Film is hard to get.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can imagine one or the other lol. For what it worth I dont believe in the camera thing. I have a couple of old Polaroids at the station. Ill ask my boss if we can throw them out if you want them. Film is hard to get.

On what do you base your disbelief in the "camera thing"? What happened to that more "open" mind? Polaroids are old school. Some film is still available. First gold aura photo I took was in 1987. It was by accident. Did some on diamonds in mid-nineties. The new hot-tip is digital with special lens and filters. There is software to enhance the effect. You don't have to try to believe me, look into it. You all should not continue to under-estimate me.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
How much gold do you need to give off an aura?

You know I guess I should keep an open mind. My buddy helped clean up the body parts at the Valuejet crash site in the Everglades and he told me the area gave off an aura as he flew over a few days later.. He will never go back to the area.

I posted about gold found by Python hunters and nobody even noticed.

Attachments

• everglades gold medallion.jpg
    everglades gold medallion.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread