Strange Opening
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2006
    Louisiana

Strange Opening

Hi All,

I hope I posted this in the right forum. Many years ago as a child, I would walk the creek banks near where I live and I think I may have found something, just not sure what. It is a 6x6 opening in the side of a creek bank, near the top of the bank, it looks man made, it is a hole going back into the creek bank, not just a hole a square opening made with lumber like a drainage opening or someting. Any ideas. Thank and HH

Uncle Buck

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    269 times

Re: Strange Opening

Where are you located...that would give you an indication whether its a mine.
    Is it an entrance to a root cellar?
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Jan 2006
    Louisiana

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I live in Louisiana, there were no homes places near there or anything that I know of.
    Maybe, it is part of a hollowed out beam and part of the Murrells caves in these neck of the woods. Thx for your reply. HH

Uncle Buck

us
    TEA...taxed enough already

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    109 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

If it goes back down below water level be careful...there might be a gator sleepin in the mud.

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    126 times

Out here we have holes like that where the Chinese would tunnel along bedrock following the paystreak. pretty dangerous work, this is in the gold mining districts of course.

Ummm, any chance there USED to be a homestead closeby? Maybe the house was built on rock for stability and they couldn't dig a cellar, so this was it? Or maybe some sort of test hole? Anything naturally occuring that is valuable in the area? Just a couple guesses....

Feb 2006
    New England
    1 times

Take a length of PC pipe with a CCTV unit on the end of it. I know one thing i couldn't let it go LOL
    I would have to know what is in there. But thats just me.
    RonS

Sponsored Links