Does Anyone Know How to Contact George Mroczkowski???

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
George died September 20, 1996 in LaMesa, CA. I doubt if you can contact him unless you visit him personally.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that out after posting. I guess I should have posted that as well.

Hey Gadbois,

Do you know what became of all his research materials? I'm sure it went to somebody. Just haven't been able to find out who.

Thanks,

Mike

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If memory serves me correctly, he had a treasure hunting club based in La Mesa back in the 1980's. Can't recall the name though... Might try dropping a line or two to Charles Garrett (Garrett metal detectors) as he was promoting his book and using some of Georges pictures in their sales propaganda. If the fog clears and I remember more, I'll post it for you.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bman,

I found out from a guy who was close to him that his sister up around San Francisco got all his research stuff after he passed.

Wonder where it is now????

Mike

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gollum... I know I'm resurrecting this thread by asking, but I was wondering if you ever pursued contacting George's sister about his research materials?
Also, do you remember the article you were trying to find out about?
Just curious.

Bran <><

Librarian

Jul 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George Mroczkowski connection

Hey Gollum... I know I'm resurrecting this thread by asking, but I was wondering if you ever pursued contacting George's sister about his research materials?
Also, do you remember the article you were trying to find out about?
Just curious.

Bran <><

Not his sister, his only surviving daughter. Linda Hronec Petaluma CA

hilo

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a member of the Gem & Treasure Hunting Association of San Diego (shop located in Old Town San Diego across the street from Whaley House) from 1975 until I went into the service in late 70's). I spent three summers in his shop helping out and running errands as well as every Saturday that I could when not working. I went on many an adventure to Ocotillo, Anza Borrego, Santa Rosa's and Tonca City as a teenager, learned a lot form from him, Hardrock Hendricks, Charles Garrett and others I met along the way. George was a Marine and in his shop had a Military Mine Detector he said he used before the advent of Garrett, Compass, White's, etc. He had a cartoon caricature in his back office that summed up his opinion of time: "You want it when?".

DJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions