Possible symbols from an ancient civilization?

John-Casper

Jun 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John-Casper

Jun 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield -- If you are still around, where is this panel located? I am still working on an inventory of Mystery Glyph panels everywhere and would like to get your info into the inventory. Please respond off-list to [email protected]. Thanks!!! John

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images.jpg

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Mike,

What, as your know, we are looking at here is the Maya bar and dot numbering system. The first to realize the meaning of the system was Constantine Samuel Rafinesque-Smaltz. His first writings about Maya writing were around 1832, so I assume his deciphering of the Maya numbering system came about around that time.

"Breaking The Maya Code" by Michael D. Coe is an excellent source for Maya numbers and writing.

Take care,

Joe

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulldog -- If you are still around, where is this panel. I am trying to synthesize info on all the Mystery Glyph panels such as this and would like to get this into the inventory. No, I don't think it's Mayan writing. Please reply to john@greerservices dot com. Thanks!!! John

John, bulldog and springfield have no idea where the panel is located. For the purpose of your inventory, list this "Mystery Glyph's" location as "unknown"…mission complete. I also believe that this glyph is not mayan. Happy Hunting, John.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread