Batista treasure plane of 1959

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So the basic story goes as this:
As Fidel Castro and his guerrila army approached Havana,Fulgencio Batista looted the Cuban National Treasury of gold bullion,gold and silver species,gems,and artwork onto 4 B-26 airplanes.Batista flew to the Dominican Republic,while the planes flew to Tampa. 3 of the planes made it to Tampa,but one was never seen againSome claim it went down in the Gulf of Mexico,others say the Everglades or some other wooded area of Florida the planes would have flown over.
Randy Wayne White's novel,"DEEP SHADOW"Used the tale of Batista's treasure planes as a premise,but I hope Batista did not load Komoda Dragons in the missing plane!We have enough forgien species roaming Florida as it is.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'd be more inclined to think that the plane was 'diverted' to another landing strip by CIA . As like today , you can't tell the players without a program .

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be more inclined to think that the plane was 'diverted' to another landing strip by CIA . As like today , you can't tell the players without a program .
...or it could have been diverted by one of Bastista's legitimate businessmen connections in Miami and Tampa that also had to depart Cuba because of Castro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread