The Treasure of Jacko Inn

Jahall

Jan 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for any information anyone may have regarding the location or rumored treasure of Jacko Inn. I have a few leads from my research (that I'm not going to say on this thread) but I need all the information I can scrounge up before I head out in a few weeks and search for it.

The story goes like this: Located somewhere in a place once called the Jacko Hills, Jacko Inn is rumored to have served as a part of the Underground Railroad, run by a guy named Jacko (pronounced Jake-o). It is rumored that rich patrons of the inn mysteriously disappeared, and a group of shady individuals would gather there every now and then. The legend is that Jacko hid a secret cache(s) of treasure before he died that might still be buried there somewhere. It is rumored to be around the inn or a cave only 150 feet from the road leading to the inn. The inn's location is unknown and, to public knowledge, undiscovered.

I don't have any leads as to what the treasure may be, or if its even real, but I'm in this for the thrill of discovery, not treasure or fame. If anyone has any leads or would perhaps like to help or join me in this search, please PM me.

The inn is said to be located somewhere 30 miles out of Clarksburg, WV

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never heard of it but it may just be a code word to throw ppl off everyone looking for a inn and really it was a shack or barn out in the woods ? but good luck an happy hunting

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Sounds a bit out of route for the Underground Railroad to me . There were many unsavory characters within 30 miles of Clarksburg during that time . Never heard anything about them trafficin with runaway slaves .

OP
OP
J

Jahall

Jan 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no proof, nor does anyone, really. It's only a rumor.

It's said the slaves would be hidden in the cave nearby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread